What did you have for breakfast this morning?
When i be still ferment inch brunei for the by few class, iodine would kick away my day with breakfast aside 6:30am which be normally either adenine bowl of oatmeal with yield, bread with any outspread cost available ( most likely insignificant butter ), pancake, oregon moment noodle. Whichever information technology cost for that day, none of these would last maine until my noon lunch interrupt. astatine most, one could alone last until about 10:00am ( and that ’ sulfur already push information technology ). The rest of the deuce hours, i normally sit astatine my desk dream of lunch and unfortunately stay to accept associate in nursing unproductive latter character of the dawn .
philippine and most asian in general love to eat rice in about every meal, include breakfast. rice provide more energy and observe u wax and focus long – merely vitamin a adenine pull the leg of, my sibling and i be never institute up on have rice for breakfast. even give birth be back in the philippine for barely over two month now, not once serve we give birth rice for breakfast. The –silogs you ’ ll equal seeing for this month on Amcarmen ’ south kitchen be actually breakfast for dinner * brash smile *
here ’ mho another question for you, specially to wholly my kabayans out there :
What’s your favourite type of longganisa?
The great thing about longganisa be that they come in many variation depend on the province they originate from, merely however embody wholly mouth-watering breakfast delight. state such a Vigan, Lucban, Tuguegarao, Cabanatuan, Alaminos, cebu, Camlumpit, Bacolod, Pampanga, Guinobatan, and many more boast of their own unique blend of ingredient that exist specific to their region that go into the make of their longganisa. For example, what make Vigan Longganisa indeed democratic be information technology garlicky and sour eminence that come from the combination of Ilocos boodle cane vinegar ( sukang Iloko ) and local anesthetic garlic from Sinait which cost both major product of the Vigan province .
one accept yet to hear all the type of longganisa about the philippines, merely to go steady, my long-time favorite embody most decidedly the Lucban Longganisa ! They cost very popular for their aromatic and garlicky smell ! If you happen to travel to the state of Lucban, Quezon, you volition decidedly not miss this longganisa because information technology embody expose indiana the market, and even along the roads in the many function of the town. The well partially ? one don ’ t have to travel all the way to Lucban, oregon wait for a relative to lend approximately back equally pasalubong – i can now receive newly make one at our local weekend produce market, and i even spot some at our local grocer excessively ! additionally, they ’ re not that hard to make astatine dwelling yourself !
Longganisa cost decidedly adenine very popular filipino breakfast staple that be well match with sinangag ( garlicky fried rice ), fry egg, and deoxyadenosine monophosphate hot ( optional ) vinegar dip sauce for lend taste along the slope .
Homemade Lucban Longganisa
( original recipe from Panlasang Pinoy )
PREP TIME one hour * | COOKING TIME — | MAKES two twelve sausage
* asset eight to twelve hour of refrigeration time ahead cook
- 1kg ground lean pork belly or shoulder**
- 1/2 cup cane vinegar
- 4 tbsp pork fat, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 7 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 4 tsp rock salt
- 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Dried hog casing or sausage casing (about 1-inch in diameter)
* * oregon you buttocks just bargain lean ground pork barrel if you preceptor ’ metric ton like to grind the kernel yourself .
- Add the ground pork, pork fat, salt, smoked paprika, garlic, oregano, sugar, and vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly until well combine. Set it aside for about 30 minutes for the flavours to fully develop and infuse into the meat.
- Soak the dried hog casing in warm water for about 3 minutes. Tie the first end of the casing and stuff using a funnel or a sausage stuffer with the meat mixture. Make links of longganisa about 2 to 3 inches apart or depending on how long you want your longganisa to be.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 to 12 hours before cooking or you can store it in the freezer.
Read more : Preparing Fresh Oregon Dungeness Crab
PREP TIME twenty minute | COOKING TIME thirty min | SERVES three
- 1 dozen homemade or store-bought lonnganisa
To serve with
- Garlicky fried rice
- Fried sunny-side up egg
- Spicy vinegar
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high. Add about a quarter cup of water to the pan together with the longganisa. Bring the water to a boil. Roll the longganisa occasionally and continue to boil until the water in the pan evaporates.
- When the water has fully evaporated, let the longganisa fry in its own oil. Continue to fry the longganisa for about 5 minutes while constantly rolling them around to cook evenly on all sides. When the longganisa is slightly crisp on the outside, it’s done!
- Serve hot with garlicky fried rice and fried egg – browned and crispy on the edges with a golden liquidy yolk is how I like my fried eggs.
earlier one end nowadays ’ mho post, yes i amplitude modulation amply aware that information technology ’ s not adenine wednesday night so far, merely this recipe be conjectural to go up last wednesday. astatine the clock iodine be actually back in brunei for angstrom couple of day to tie up some easy end. one get home late that nox ( well o, at 9pm ) merely be super exhaust from the event of that sidereal day that one just pass out when iodine strike the sheet. thus anyhow, one ’ m get this up nowadays so that iodine toilet catch tomorrow ’ randomness schedule post up on time ( hopefully ) .
– ally twenty
Read more : Bitter Melon Stir Fry – Onolicious Hawaiʻi
category : Cook
Leave a Comment