These Venison Short Ribs are braised in a classic red wine and tomato sauce making them tender and delicious. Make your guests fall in love with wild game.
This venison short rib station is sponsored by The Honest Bison. All thoughts and opinions remain my own and I ’ m gallant to spouse with brands I love. Thanks for supporting the increase of Miss AK !
My ohio MY how I love short rib. The first clock I worked with Venison Short Ribs I was ace disbelieving. They aren ’ metric ton as meaty or fatso as gripe rib which had me a act worry .
But, I stuck to my bread and butter with short-change rib, which is to sear them off, hard, and braise them for about 2 hours in a super flavorful fluid. not rocket science, so I wasn ’ triiodothyronine excessively hopeful .
BOY, were my socks knocked off. These are absolutely divine. In this recipe, I used venison short rib from The Honest Bison because I didn ’ t have ay ribs left from our deer harvest last year. When I pulled them out of the braising melted, the bones slid mighty come out of the closet. This is always a estimable sign.
I took my beginning sting right out of the pan and wow. I ’ ll tell you what WOW. Fall aside tender, flavorful, balanced and not gamey – this recipe is a real winner, friends .
If you ’ ra dying to get some ribs in your deep-freeze, please do yourself a prefer and head on over to The Honest Bison and get you some ! I like to make short rib for Christmas Day because I can sear them off and braise them on the 23rd or 24th and just leave them in the pan that they cooked in until I ’ thousand fix to heat them up and serve .
When I serve them, I normally do it over a steaming stack of polenta, but risotto or mashed potatoes would be adorable, excessively. I know you ’ re going to FLIP over this extra special recipe !
How do you prepare venison short ribs so they aren’t tough?
I have a truly hard time removing every last bit of silverskin from the ridicule, so I do the best I can. however, on the back of the rib, I made a small incision, not all the way through, just to break the silverskin and allow the kernel to soak up the flavors of the braise fluid. Feel unblock to comment below if you have questions. I ’ meter here to answer them !
Because deer ribs are smaller than beef, I don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate cut them into individual pieces. I cut them into chunks of 3-4 ribs per chunk and sear them that way. It helps fit everything in the pan, but the kernel doesn ’ t overcook besides fast .
What’s in the braising liquid?
This is a very simple and traditional brasing fluid that combines my favorite parts of different recipes I ’ ve tried. There ’ south dry red wine ( optional, can sub for gripe livestock ), gripe or venison stock, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. That ’ s all !
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe! And, check out my red wine Instant Pot venison pot roast!
Braised Venison Short Ribs
These Venison Short Ribs are braised in a classical loss wine and tomato sauce making them bid and delectable. Make your guests fall in love with violent game .
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Mains
- Method: Braising
- Cuisine: french American
Read more : Braised Kohlrabi Greens Recipe
lbs. Honest Bison Venison Shortribs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 cup dry red wine ( I used a Cabernet) – optional, sub broth if desired
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups beef or venison broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- about 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Begin by prepping the shortribs for cooking. I have a intemperate time removing the silverskin from the back of deer ribs so make a little incision on the back of the rib between each rib on the kernel, not all the way through, just to break the silverskin. This allows the meat to soak up the flavors of the braise liquid and get tender .
- then, cut them into pieces of 3-4 ribs per collocate rather of cutting them into individual pieces. It will be easier to sear them and fit everything in the pan, but the meat doesn ’ thymine overcook excessively fast .
- Once you have your ribs prepped, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large Dutch oven, or ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Once hot, sear the ribs on each side until they’re truly browned. You may have to work in batches. Set the ribs aside on a place once seared and discard the oil.
- Add the remaining oil into the pot and saute the onions for 5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and dried thyme and cook for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and apple cider vinegar and then add the broth and tomato sauce.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add the short ribs back to the pan and make sure they’re all covered with the sauce.
- Place the rosemary on top of the ribs and cover the pan with a lid.
- Slide it into the oven and cook for about 2 hours. The meat should be falling off the bone.
- Serve over polenta, risotto or mashed potatoes!
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 6 gravitational constant
- Sodium: 1312 magnesium
- Fat: 10 gigabyte
- Saturated Fat: 3 gram
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 guanine
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 thousand
- Fiber: 2 gigabyte
- Protein: 41 deoxyguanosine monophosphate
- Cholesterol: 122 magnesium
Keywords: venison, short rib, braising
Category : Cook
Leave a Comment