Are you looking for a delightful and easy hanger steak recipe ? Look no farther ! With a few elementary ingredients, you have a delightful meal perfect for a interfering weeknight but delectable adequate for entertaining. This dish is low-cost and arrant for feeding a large push. You will love this delightful steak whether you use your grillroom or Blackstone griddle .
Hanger steak is a delicious cut of kernel that is much overlooked. It ‘s an excellent option for an low-cost yet delightful steak.
It is so delightful that I ’ ve heard it called the butch ’ s cut – because it is underestimate and alone butcher ’ s know how great it is. In fact, it has only recently become a popular choice for home cooks .
When cooked correctly, hanger steak is blue and full of beefy relish .
This recipe is easy to follow, and the results are amazing .
Give it a hear tonight, and hanger steak barely may become your new front-runner cut .
Ingredients for Making Blackstone Griddle or Grilled Hanger Steak
- Oil: Avocado oil is a great option, but you can also use your favorite high-heat oil, such as vegetable oil. I don’t recommend extra virgin olive oil.
- Dijon mustard: This will add some delicious flavor to your steak. Spicy brown mustard will also work.
- Balsamic vinegar: This will give your steak a pleasant acidic flavor and a flavor pop that may surprise you. If you don’t have balsamic vinegar, you can use a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and two teaspoons of lemon juice or soy sauce. The flavor will be different, but it will have a nice pop.
- Rosemary: You can either use fresh or dried rosemary for this recipe. Feel free to substitute other fresh herbs. Thyme would be a great option.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic adds the most flavor to your steak, but garlic powder works.
- Salt: You will need one and a half teaspoons of salt for this recipe. I used sea salt, but kosher salt works as well.
- Pepper: You can either use freshly ground black pepper or pre-ground. Try adding a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Hanger steak: This is the star of the show! Make sure to get a good-quality hanger steak for this recipe.
Tips & Tricks
- Having an instant-read thermometer is critical to making sure your steak is perfectly cooked.
- Hanger steak can be tougher than some cuts, so it is important to slice against the grain.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hanger steak?
Hanger steak is a character of gripe taken from the diaphragm of a overawe. This muscle does n’t get a lot of exercise, so it ‘s identical tender.
It is a relatively slender ignore of kernel, but it is identical flavorful. Hanger steak is often compared to skirt steak or flank steak, and it can be used in many of the lapp dishes.
Is hanger steak a good steak?
Hanger steak is a type of beef that is often overlooked in favor of more popular cuts like ribeye or fillet mignon. however, hanger steak is quite delicious, and it offers several advantages over other types of steak.
For one thing, hanger steak is very tender, thanks to its location near the diaphragm.
In addition, hanger steak has a robust taste like to a ribeye but without fat content.
Finally, hanger steak is besides one of the most low-cost cuts of gripe, making it an excellent option for budget-minded diners. Whether you ‘re looking for a delectable and low-cost steak for your following dinner party or merely want to try something new, hanger steak broil is worth trying.
How should hanger steak be cooked?
While it can be ruffianly if not cooked by rights, hanger steak can be a delectable and relatively cheap option for a weeknight meal.
The samara to cooking hanger steak is not to overcook it ; the kernel should be fairly pink in the center when served. ( Which it is why it is so important to have an instant-read thermometer when making recipes like this hanger steak grill recipe. )
Hanger steak can be cooked in a variety of ways, but pan-fry or grill are generally the best methods.
Tools Needed to Make This Hanger Steak Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying sales .
shop leftover steak in the refrigerator for up to three or four days .
by rights wrapped, you can freeze it for up to three months .
How to Cook Hanger Steak
foremost, start by making your hanger steak marinade .
Do this by combining the vegetable oil, dijon mustard, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender or freemason jar. ( You could besides whisk the marinade in concert in a small bowl. )
stead the steak in a shallow bake serve or bowl and pour the marinade over it .
Marinate overnight in the refrigerator .
Remove the steak from the marinade and allow it to sit at board temperature for about an hour. Discard surfeit marinade .
Blot it with paper towels to remove excess moisture .
Grilled Hanger Steak Recipe
Heat your grill to high and brush the grates with a heat-safe vegetable oil .
Cook the steak for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Be surely to use an instant-read thermometer to make certain the steak reaches your coveted inner temperature .
Rest your grill airdock steak for 5 minutes and then slice against the grain .
Blackstone Griddle Hanger Steak
Preheat your giddle to 425° F. This should be about medium-high, but what it takes will depend on the wind, outdoor temperature, and the specific model of Blackstone griddle that you have .
I recommend using an infrared thermometer or griddle thermometer to ensure you have the proper temperature .
Oil the griddle, and then add the steaks .
Cook for 5 minutes, and then interchange. Cook for an extra 5 minutes, and then remove when the craved temperature is reached .
Allow to rest for five minutes, and then slice against the grain .
More Steak Recipes to Try
- Steak and Mushrooms is a delicious combination that never gets old. This recipe works just as well for casual summer entertaining as it does a special occasion.
- Want all the flavors of outdoor grilling without leaving the comforts of your kitchen? Give this Ninja Foodi Grill Steak a try!
- This Grilled Steak Recipe with a spicy slaw is the perfect easy meal that is sure to delight.
- Want a salad that is just as filling as it is delicious? You will love this Mexican Steak Salad.
TWITTER, If you like this recipe do n’t forget to leave a 5 asterisk rat and let me know how it went in the under comments, I love hearing from you ! You can besides FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST to see all my delightful recipes .
Hanger Steak Recipe
Are you looking for an comfortable and delightful recipe for hanger steak ? This one is perfect for a interfering weeknight but delightful enough for entertaining ! The steak is marinated in a few simple ingredients and then cooked to perfection. Serve it with your favorite sides for a perfect meal .
- ½ cup avocado oil plus more for oiling the grillroom or griddle
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 ½ pounds hanger steak
- In a blender or mason jar, combine the avocado oil, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, garlic, and strategic arms limitation talks.
- place the hanger steak in a shallow cup of tea and pour the marinade over it .
- Marinate in the refrigerator nightlong .
- Remove the steak from the marinade and allow to come to room temperature .
- blot with newspaper towels to remove excess moisture .
- Heat your grill to eminent heat. Brush the grates with oil .
- Cook the steaks for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. ( For medium-rare. actual fourth dimension will depend on the shape and thickness of the steak. )
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes, and then slice against the grain .
- Heat the Blackstone griddle to medium-high inflame. ( 400 ° F to 450 ° F )
- Oil the griddle and then add the steaks .
- Cook for 5 minutes and then flip, cook an extra 4 minutes or to desired doneness .
- Remove from heating system, and allow to rest field-grade officer 5 minutes before serving .
- Slice against the granulate to serve .
Category : Cook
Leave a Comment