This post has been sponsored by Deoleo USA, Inc. All thoughts and opinions are my own .
Pasta With Olive Oil And Garlic
What ’ s not to love about an easy, goodly, and cheap pasta dish ? ! specially one that has JUST THREE ingredients that I can about guarantee you always have on handwriting in your pantry .
It ’ s not a dream — this simpleton pasta with olive oil and garlic comes together with precisely 3 ingredients: pasta, garlic, and a high-quality olive anoint. That ’ s it !
This is all you need for a super elementary classic olive vegetable oil pasta that ’ mho easy enough for weeknight meals but even classy enough for a date night or harbor guests.
Olive Oil Pasta Sauce Ingredients
I ’ ve said it before, and I ’ ll say it again… When you ’ re preparing a super bare recipe, like this simple pasta sauce with olive vegetable oil and garlic, using the freshest, highest choice ingredients you can find is all-important .
Pasta — I typically use spaghetti noodles in my olive anoint pasta, but you can use fettuccine, saint hair, cappellini, linguine, and so on. Really, any type of hanker, thin attic will do. Just count for a attic that ’ s made with 100 % semolina flour, the flour of choice for high-quality pasta .
Garlic — For this recipe you absolutely need to use bracing garlic cloves. Choose a garlic bulb with a identical firm head, without any mold or piano spots. And you decidedly don ’ triiodothyronine want a bulb that has green shoots coming out of the crown. This is a certain sign of an old light bulb .
Olive Oil — Olive vegetable oil is a draw like wine in that everyone has their favorite ( second ). Choose your favored high quality extra pure olive oil for this olive anoint pasta sauce !
basic NEVER has to be boring when you use the best ingredients… And this dim-witted olive oil and garlic pasta sauce is proofread perfezione ! !
Choosing an Olive Oil for Aglio e Olio
Before I walk you through making the best aglio einsteinium olio ( aka pasta with olive oil and garlic in italian ), let ’ s spill just a bite more about the olive oil component — because it ’ second arguably the most significant .
Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( specifically the Cordobesa varietal ) has been my go-to EVOO recently for a number of reasons :
Taste. Carbonell Olive Oil is a single cultivar olive petroleum, meaning it ’ randomness produced using olives from a individual area. This gives their olive oils a lusciously fresh and clean, even complex and poise spirit .
I ’ meter not an olive petroleum expert by any means, but you can truly taste the remainder with precisely a drop on your feel .
Color. Oh my gosh, THE COLOR ! I ’ ve never seen such a vibrant yellow-green color in olive oil. It ’ s positively dazzling !
The Bottle. The bottle is equitable gorgeous with heavy green glass and beautiful pronounce, which by the way, besides provides useful details on the spirit profile and origin .
I would not hesitate to place it on my table when entertaining. There ’ mho absolutely no motivation to decant it into a cosmetic olive vegetable oil, specially with my very darling feature of speech — the pop-up book rant that makes drizzling easy and mess loose !
Sustainability & Traceability. Carbonell uses sustainable farming practices that produce earth class olive oil, and its output is 100 % traceable from growth to table. I haven ’ t discussed these attributes on my blog much, but it ’ second something I ’ ve been actively seeking out in the products I purchase for our family .
Produced in Spain, the No. 1 olive petroleum state in the global, Carbonell is the # 1 selling olive oil there for effective argue ! But now, you can purchase the Carbonell portfolio of olive oils here in the U.S. at Fresh Thyme stores .
You ’ ll besides want to check out the other three varietals : mellow & balmy Morisca, sweet & nutty Arbosana, and fruity & peppery manzanilla .
How To Make Olive Oil Pasta
traditionally olive oil pasta sauce is made with barely garlic, olive vegetable oil, and some of the reserved starchy water that was used to cook the pasta. And I make mine no differently ! But I did pick up a hack for cooking the pasta from Food52 recently, and it ’ randomness made my garlic olive oil pasta sauce even BETTER…
so what is it ? well, rather of bringing a potentiometer of salt water to boil and then adding the pasta, you lay the pasta in the bottomland of a big frying pan, add salt and just enough cold water to cover it, and then bring it to a boil .
The resulting pasta cooking water is much chummy, with a higher starch content, which gives this simple olive oil pasta sauce more profusion and body .
From there, I prepare the recipe in the traditional manner. The olive vegetable oil is gently heated in a frying pan and then used to cook thinly chopped garlic until it ’ s just starting to brown around the edges. The reserved pasta urine is added to the garlic/olive petroleum concoction and then brought to a churn to emulsify the sauce .
finally, add in the cook noodles, and you have a delicious garlic and olive anoint pasta in good about 15 minutes !
Topping Off Garlic and Olive Oil Pasta
If you very want to take your olive oil pasta to the next level, you can add a few extra ingredients .
pass in about a teaspoon of loss pepper flakes when the garlic is closely done sautéing. And then stir in a handful of fresh minced flat leaf parsley and a cup or so of impertinently grated Parmesan cheese after tossing the spaghetti noodles with the olive petroleum pasta sauce .
Oh, and last, but surely not least ? The unavowed to a sincerely indulgent aglio e olio is a generous drizzle of excess fresh olive petroleum at the end to highlight the high-quality olive oil that is a MUST for this recipe. now enjoy !
Continue to Content
Pasta with Olive Oil and Garlic (Aglio e Olio)
homework time :
cook time :
sum prison term :
Read more : Bitter Melon Stir Fry – Onolicious Hawaiʻi
This authoritative pasta with olive vegetable oil and garlic ( aka Pasta Aglio e Olio ) is easy adequate for weeknight meals but classy enough for a date night or entertain guests !
Simple Aglio e Olio
- 1-lb. dried spaghetti
- 1/3 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil, like Carbonell Cordobesa
- 8 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add the dried spaghetti to a large skillet, and cover the noodles fully with cold water. Add 2 teaspoons of kosher salt to the water. Cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil. Continue to boil for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are pliable but still al dente (slightly underdone). Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining.
- When the pasta is done cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, shallow pot that’s large enough to hold the cooked spaghetti noodles. Add the sliced garlic, and cook for 2 minutes or until it is just starting to turn golden brown around the edges. If using the red pepper flakes, add them at this time and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Carefully add the reserved pasta cooking water to the garlic and olive oil mixture and bring to a boil. And I do mean carefully — it will spatter. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the olive oil pasta sauce and toss to coat. Remove from the heat, and season with additional salt (if necessary) and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Toss the pasta with the minced fresh parsley and freshly grated Parmesan, as desired. Serve warm with an extra drizzle of olive oil and additional grated Parmesan cheese on the side.
Amount Per Serving:
nutrition is calculated based on a 1.5 cup serve of the simple aglio east olio ingredients .
Have you tried this recipe?
Leave a gloss below and share a photograph on Instagram. Tag it @ unsophisticook and hashtag it # unsophisticook !
What to Serve With Olive Oil Pasta?
With a simpleton dish like this garlic and olive petroleum pasta, you might be tempted to go a fiddling upscale with the sides. Resist the urge ! A simple salad, some flying & easy garlic bread, and a glaze of white wine are all you need for a magnifico meal .
Some recipes to try:
- This easy Italian chopped salad recipe features just 4 ingredients: romaine lettuce, radicchio, cannellini beans, and sun-dried tomatoes. Dressed with a simple red wine vinaigrette, it’s a tasty & quick side dish!
- And this homemade garlic bread instantly elevates any meal. Made with just 5 ingredients, you can have it on the table in just about 15 minutes!
- Or pick up a loaf of crusty bread from the bakery and pair it with this Italian herb bread dipping oil!
P.S. If you love the ease of this olive oil and garlic pasta sauce, I think you ’ ll besides adore this extremely elementary cream tall mallow pasta sauce !
I’d love to see how your pasta with olive oil and garlic turns out… Tag me @Unsophisticook on Instagram or use the hashtag #Unsophisticook so I can check it out. Enjoy!
Category : Cook
Leave a Comment