These Pork and Sweet Potato Meatballs were one of those last infinitesimal inspirations of a few ingredients I had that needed to be use up and it was kind of genius as these preference amazing .
The dessert potato does something charming. It gives these Pork and Sweet Potato Meatballs a natural sweet while keeping them damp without the need for breadcrumb etc .
These are capital served with a hoisin dipping sauce or on their own with some sides of your choice. You could flush just serve these up to your little ones fair as they are .
For the sauce I mix together some Hoisin sauce and a sting of tomato passata ( crushed tomatoes ). If you or your little ones are gluten release then use a gluten free hoisin sauce.
These would besides work in truth well using crunch beef or chicken if you don ’ thyroxine fancy the pork .
Pork and Sweet Potato Meatballs
homework time :
cook clock :
full time :
- 455 g /1lb of lean ground pork
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/ 2 small red onion, finely diced
- handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- pinch of salt, optional
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- olive oil
For the Hoisin Sauce
- 4 tbs of hoisin sauce
- 4 tbs of passata
- 2 tbs of water
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork and add to the microwave and cook for 5 mins (test for softness, if still a little hard, add for another minute or so, allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan over a medium high heat
- Add the red onion and fry till softened and caramelized
- Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- When the sweet potato is cooled down, cut in half and scoop out all the flesh and add to the ground pork.
- Add the onion and all other ingredient and mix well to all combined. You want the sweet potato mashed into the pork with little small pieces.
- Form into equal sized meatballs and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 15-20 mins (pork should be cooked through)
- Serve with your choice of sides, great with as they are or with sauce suggestions
- For the sauce add the hoisin sauce, passata and water to a small saucepan and heat gently until thickened. Serve alongside the meatballs or drizzled over the top.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE ? I ’ D LOVE TO SEE IT !
Snap a photograph and hashtag # littlegrazers or tag me @ littlegrazers on Instagram !
© All images and contentedness on little Grazers are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior consent .
We kindly ask that you share this recipe via the share buttons and not via screenshots .
If you use or re-create my recipes I kindly ask :
- That you credit me by linking to my original recipe post
- You don’t reproduce the recipe in full
This post may contain consort links. Please see my disclosure policy
Category : Cook
Leave a Comment