Khichdi , is a dish in made of rice and dal.
Rice cooker khichdi recipe INGREDIENTS
- Rice – 1 cup
- Moong dal – ½ cup
- Onion finely chopped – 1
- Tomato finely chopped – 2
- Ghee 2 tbsp + ½ tbsp oil
- Whole garam masala – few [ 8 black peppercorns + 1 clove + 1 cardamom + 1 piece of cinnamom ]
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Green chillies slit or chopped – 3 or as per taste
- Turmeric pwdr – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – a generous pinch
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Water – 3 cup
- Salt as per taste
Rice cooker khichdi recipe
- Clean ,wash and soak the rice + dal together for 30 mins.
- Wipe the dal with a clean cloth. [ we don’t have to wash or soak it ]
click on THE associate FOR wax television – hypertext transfer protocol : //www.youtube.com/watch ? v=I7_KHFwzFeI
ON the cooker .
hotness ghee in electric cooker .
add jeera + whole garam masala and let information technology sputter. [ preceptor ’ thymine burn information technology ] .
total onion + greens chili and child till translucent .
lend tomato + salt and fry till tomato become delicate .
total the coriander farewell and fry till information technology shrink .
lend turmeric pwdr + asafetida + salt and mix well.
drain the water well from the pawn rice and dekaliter .
add the enfeeble rice [ there should be no water ] and arouse child for two min .
add water and mix well, align salt if compulsory .
I have made dry khichdi so added less water .If you want mushy khichdi you can increase water by 1 to 2 cup .
cover and cook public treasury the water be absorb .
Be careful and keep a watch .Once the water is absorbed and rice is cooked off the cooker and immediately transfer to a serving bowl ,else it will cook more and stick to the bottom .
bagatelle the rice with ampere branching .
serve hot with any side smasher + papad + fix + salad .
Rice cooker khichdi recipe NOTES
- Quantity of water depends on the quality of rice ,if water is less you can sprinkle little water ..Follow the instructions given in the rice cooker booklet .
- I have used basmati rice.
- It’s a great combo for chicken or mutton gravy .
- Y not add kasoori methi .
- This is a dry version of khichdi ,if you want loose texture then double the quantity of water
- You can drizzle some hot ghee while serving and garnish with coriander leaves .
- If you are using the cooker for the first time, avoid experimenting with it. Go through the manual carefully before operating it to avoid any mistakes.
- Always fill water up to the scale provided in the cooker (generally there are measuring cups provided, use them). This helps in efficient cooking.
- The cooker should not be kept near any water-based surface to avoid electric shock.
- To keep the cooker free from odor and corrosion, the inner parts such as lid, pan should be kept clean.
- Avoid touching the outer surface of the cooker when it is in use. Also stay away from the cooker as the hot steam emitting from the cooker may cause injuries to your hands and face.
- If you spot harsh residue deposits, only use the cleaning agents suggested by the company. Avoid using sharp object s for the same. It may damage the nonstick coating and glass cover.
- The cooker should not be operated without the inner pot. This may damage the cooker.
- Food kept in the cooker for long periods will attract bacterial growth. Ensure you transfer it to a different utensil once it is cooled down.
- Clean and dry the cooker thoroughly before it is used again.
Rice cooker khichdi recipe FOR MORE RECIPES CLICK ON THE NAMES BELOW:-
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE – hypertext transfer protocol : //www.facebook.com/virtual.treat.for.foodies
class : Cook
Leave a Comment