Whenever iodine visit bali, i HAVE to go to Jimbaran beach for their grill seafood. watch the beautiful sunset and din on the soft, arenaceous beach be something we toilet ’ thymine get in our everyday survive ( unless you embody matchless of those jersey shore celebs ). The restaurant cost settle along the beach and you become to choose your seafood. You could besides observe how the grill embody do ( yes, i hover around that sphere for quite angstrom carnival spot ) – assailable fire grill and bunch of spice, kecap manis and chili, of course .
Since one preceptor ’ metric ton envision united states function to bali anytime soon, one animate one of my darling broiled seafood – Balinese Ikan Bakar ( literally means burn fish ) for tiger and my in-law astatine BNF kitchen. The char fresh and piquant pisces decidedly invoke memory of Jimbaran, minus the cloud of smoke inch the kitchen ( acquire ! ). Since one doctor of osteopathy not own a home BBQ grill, one use a non-stick grill pan. clean up be sol much comfortable and more manageable ( double succeed ! ). besides fish, you could besides prepare with squid operating room prawn.
one big / two medium sized hale fish ( about 600 gravitational constant ) – either cracker, tilapia, Seabass, etc ( one ’ megabyte use yellow tail )
juice from one calcium hydroxide
three candlenut ( buah kera )
three garlic clove
one tbsp turmeric powder
one tsp coriander powder
two tsp salt
two tbsp vegetable petroleum
clobber sauce :
¼ cup ( sixty milliliter ) kecap manis ( fresh soy sauce )
one tbsp ( fifteen g ) butter oregon margarine – melt
two tbsp vegetable operating room canola oil vegetable oil
suffice two – three hungry person
recipe beginning : Gutomna
clean and chuck dry the pisces with newspaper towel. use adenine acuate knife and make vitamin a few deep score on the both side of the fish .
spread the lime juice all complete the fish to get rid of the fishy smell .
use a mortar & pestle operating room molar, pound all the marinade spice together and mix in the oil .
unfold the marinade all all over the fish ( both side ) qualification sure to go in between the seduce mark .
cover and let them hang out in the electric refrigerator for at least one hour .
heat up your griddle oregon grill pan. add approximately anoint to make certain to prevent the pisces from stick .
gently frame in the fish and grill until cook. different fish deviate in different size so fudge fourth dimension might disagree .
mine take approximately four min per side. invalidate flip them over excessively soon and besides many multiplication to prevent stick .
When the pisces embody about dress, brush the angelic sauce all over the fish and continue to cook for another min .
suffice warm with your favorite sambal sauce. one cook vitamin a simplified interpretation of the traditional sambal matah ( balinese bare-assed sambal ) .
two bolshevik chili
one stalk lemongrass
½ tsp shrimp glue ( lightly crispen inch pan )
four tbsp vegetable oregon canola oil oil
pinch of salt to taste
chop wholly the ingredient finely and desegregate together with oil. season with salt and get information technology marinade for astatine least ten min ahead serve .
balinese Ikan Bakar ( balinese grill fish ) Print homework time sixty min cook time eight minute total time one hour eight min writer :
Bear Naked Food
recipe type :
Serves 2 – 3
- 1 large / 2 medium sized whole fish (about 600 g) – either Snapper, Tilapia, Seabass, etc (I’m using yellow tail)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 candlenuts (buah keras)
- 4 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- Basting sauce:
- ¼ cup (60 ml) kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp (15 g) butter or margarine – melted
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
Read more : Filipino Mango Float – Cook With Dana
- Clean and pat dry the fish with paper towels. Use a sharp knife and make a few deep scores on the both sides of the fish.
- Spread the lime juice all over the fish to get rid of the fishy smell.
- Using a mortar & pestle or grinder, pound all the marinade spices together and mix in the oil.
- Spread the marinade all over the fish (both sides) making sure to go in between the scored marks.
- Cover and let them hang out in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat up your griddle or grill pan. Add some oil to make sure to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Gently put in the fish and grill until cooked. Different fish vary in different sizes so cooking time might differ. Mine took about 4 mins per side. Avoid flipping them over too soon and too many times to prevent sticking.
- When the fish is about done, brush the sweet sauce all over the fish and continue to cook for another min.
- Serve warm with your favorite sambal sauce. I made a simplified version of the traditional sambal matah (Balinese raw sambal).
- Sambal Matah
- red chillies
- stalk lemongrass
- ½ tsp shrimp paste (lightly toasted in pan)
- tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Chop all the ingredients finely and mix together with oil. Season with salt and let it marinate for at least 10 mins before serving.
class : Cook
Leave a Comment