This post is sponsored by Kroger .
We teamed up with Kroger to bring this recipe to life sentence using their simple Truth Plant-Based Line, and belly laugh, we are thus impress ! We used their fresh Emerge Plant-Based grounds as the centerpiece for this Hamburger Helper, and it was PERFECT for this recipe !
Growing up, hamburger benefactor was a staple for so many of us, thus being able to create a vegan interpretation with wholesome ingredients was a draw of playfulness. If you are in the minority and have no idea what hamburger assistant is, it ’ second basically a cheeseburger pasta dish. Who wouldn ’ thymine love that, right ?
If you have a Kroger storehouse near you, this raw Simple Truth Plant Based cable is a entire game record changer. With products ranging from plant-based skim tall mallow, to meat alternatives and cookie dough to a entire note of plant-based milk, there is no deficit of options. Did we mention that everything is superintendent low-cost besides ? Whoever said eating vegan is expensive, hasn ’ thymine been to a Kroger storehouse recently .
Here are a few other one-pot pasta recipes that you may also like:
If you make this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below ! + If you post any photos on Instagram, make sure you tag us @ sweetsimplevegan and @ consciouschris so that we don ’ triiodothyronine miss it, we love seeing your photograph !
Printclock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
One-Pot Vegan Hamburger Helper (Cheeseburger Pasta)
5 from 36 reviews
- entire fourth dimension : 30 minutes
- output : 4 servings
Hamburger Helper has never tasted so dear ! This homemade, vegan version is full-of-flavor, hearty, and down-right delectable. It ’ mho simple to make and requires just one pot and about 30 minutes !
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lb. Kroger Emerge Grinds (vegan ground beef alternative)
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups warm Simple Truth unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened milk of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups warm vegan beef broth (see notes; we use this brand or you can use vegetable broth)
- 2 cups Simple Truth rotini pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of shredded vegan cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese of your choice)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add in the oil, onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions have softened and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the emerge grinds (vegan ground beef alternative) and break them up with your cooking utensil. Cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes. Drain any excess fat in the pan if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, oregano, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper until uniform. Sprinkle the mixture over the mixture in the pan and stir well to distribute.
- Mix in the almond milk, broth and pasta, and bring everything to a boil. Once boiling, cover with a lid, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente. Remove from heat. Keep in mind that it will thicken as it cools.
- Sprinkle the shredded vegan cheese over the cooked pasta and stir until it has melted through.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley as desired. Enjoy!
- If you want to take this to the next level, replace 1/2 cup of the vegetable broth with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- homework time : 8 minutes
- cook clock time : 22 minutes
- category : Entree, Pasta
- method : Stovetop
- cuisine :
Keywords : Entree, Pasta, Hamburger Helper, Cheeseburger, Stovetop, 30 Minute, Vegan
disavowal : This post is sponsored by Kroger but all opinions remain our own. The nutritional information shown is an calculate provided by an on-line calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional ’ south advice. This page may contain consort links, which just means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan !
Category : Cook
Leave a Comment