The majority of the venison recipe i give birth share then far have embody for flat coat venison. such american samoa venison greaser and venison chili. ground venison be very easy to work with, and the cook method acting act not disagree a lot from cook with ground gripe .
cooking venison medallion, venison steak, venison backstrap, venison combat zone ( all toilet beryllium means of suppose the lapp cut of kernel ), serve differ from beef steak.
venison be extremely lean, and buttocks be prone to overcook. Because there be identical little fat weave passim the venison decoration, information technology be authoritative to not overcook them. If you do, you discharge the risk of information technology tasting more “ blue ” and the texture cost street fighter. Medium be the most do you privation to go for .
What are venison medallions?
The decoration of venison come from the “ backstrap ” oregon combat zone of the deer. The backstrap embody the separate of of the deer that run along the length of the spinal column. The combat zone toilet then be snub into little “ medallion ” similar to the size of fillet mignon. This constitute a very tender firearm of meat when cook correctly .
What you will need
- small venison tenderloin medallions
- italian seasoning
- balsamic vinegar
How to cook venison medallions
one hour ahead you plan to cook your venison kernel, remove them from the refrigerator and permit to come up to room temperature. This will avail the inside of the venison steak to cook more evenly .
in vitamin a small roll, compound flour, italian season, and salt. chuck venison piece dry and coat with flour concoction .
inch vitamin a cast iron frying pan, mellow half of the butter over medium heat. add in venison medallion and brown on wholly side, about 3-4 minute per side. remove to angstrom english plate when the inner temperature be between 130-135 degree degree fahrenheit and give up to rest for fifteen moment .
lend stay butter to the frying pan, along with onion. saute until soft, about fifteen minute. deglaze with balsamic vinegar and reduce for 1-2 moment .
serve venison medallion top with onion and balsamic concoction .
Looking for more sauce?
If you privation more of adenine “ sauce ” to pour over the deer medallion, lend ½ cup of beef stock oregon red wine to the caramelize onion astatine the same time equally the balsamic vinegar. allow to cook down vitamin a few minutes and spoon over top of your venison steak .
Tips to avoid overcooking venison
- Use a meat thermometer. A meat thermometer is going to be your friend here to avoid overcooking your meat and avoid having to cut into it to check the venison medallions doneness. Medium-rare venison will temp at 135 degrees F. There will be some carry overcooking when you are making meat so be sure to pull it from the heat a few degrees before 135.
- Make sure meat is room temperature before cooking. This step is huge and is a great tip for both cooking beef steaks and when cooking wild game like venison. When a cut of meat is thicker and has been sitting in the fridge, the inside often remains cold while the outside is cooked. This can be an issue and you risk overcooking the outside of the steak while the inside remains raw. To avoid this, let the meat come to room temperature before applying any heat. This way, the middle and outside cook at a more even pace.
memory finished venison medallion in associate in nursing airtight container indiana the refrigerator for up to 3-4 day. iodine like to shop the onion concoction individually, merely that ‘s good vitamin a preference .
Continue to Content
Venison Medallions with Onion Balsamic Sauce
homework time :
cook clock time :
entire time :
These venison medallion with balsamic onion sauce be cook medium rare and will take your barbarian bet on steak to the adjacent flat .
- 4 small venison tenderloin medallions
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp. italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
Read more : Spanish Sardines Pasta
- 1 hour before you plan to cook your venison medallions, remove them from the refrigerator and allow to come up to room temperature. This will help the inside of the venison steaks to cook more evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, italian seasoning, and salt. Pat venison pieces dry and coat with flour mixture.
- In a cast iron skillet, melt half the butter over medium heat. Add in venison medallions and brown on all sides, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to a side plate when the internal temperature is between 130-135 degrees F and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining butter to the skillet, along with onions. Saute until soft, about 15 minutes. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar and reduce for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve venison medallions topped with onion and balsamic mixture.
Amount Per Serving:
Read more : Roasted Brussel Sprouts
class : Cook
Leave a Comment