Origin & Cultural Significance
Conchiglia, associate in nursing italian son for seashell, be where the term conchiglie be derive from. This type of pasta first originate in italy and be popular among the citizenry in southern italy .
information technology be inch the naples area of Gragnano, where most special type of pasta be invent, allege to be the position where Conchiglie be most likely develop .
This cup of tea fall indium three different size from modest to big ; the conchigliette be traditionally use inch soup ; the conchiglie, which exist good paired with chummy sauce ; and the conchiglioni, which be practice more for bake and stuff.
Italian Conchiglie Recipe
homework time :
cook time :
extra time :
sum time :
- Flour – 1 and ½ cups
- Large egg (beaten) – 1pc.
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Cold water – 1 tbsp.
- Conchiglie (cooked) – 400g
- Canned tomato (chopped) – 1 can
- Red bell pepper (chopped) – ½ pc
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 pc
- Garlic cloves (crushed) – 2
- Dry basil – 1 pinch
- Chili flakes – 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Conchiglie pasta from scratch
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the salt and 1 cup flour. Form a small well between the flour mixture using your hands.
- In the middle of the well, pour over the beaten egg and the water. Slowly mix the flour mixture and the egg and water mixture together with your hands to form a dough.
- On a countertop, lightly spread the remaining flour. Remove the dough from the bowl and start kneading it for about 5 minutes on the working surface.
Conchiglie Pasta in Tomato Sauce
- In a heated pan, put the extra virgin olive oil. Saute the chopped onion gently for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic, red bell pepper, salt and chilli flakes. Let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes onto the pan with a splash of water. Put the dry basil and let it simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes and allow to cook.
- Add the cooked conchiglie pasta to the sauce with 2 tbsp cooking water. Gently toss and mix together then serve.
Read more : Spanish Sardines Pasta
Amount Per Serving:
share on social :
class : Cook
Leave a Comment