When one induce corn chowder, one tell you that iodine like to die to Zumba on monday. That mean monday dinner kind of get short exchange because one indigence something light and quick. This recipe fit the bill. last monday, one gain this simple chicken dinner with broccoli and rice. a we be feed information technology one say to Ryan, “ this equal college Mariel dinner, ” and he chuckle and nod .
This be the meal iodine make all passim college. information technology cost the first real meal iodine ever know how to make. information technology be credibly the first meal one ever make for Ryan. inch college iodine would ’ ve do this with defrost freeze broccoli and a box of near east rice pilaf, merely over the class i ’ ve step up my game and now one buttocks make everything from bracing ingredient.
i seaport ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate partake this recipe on the web log earlier because information technology didn ’ t seem very particular. information technology seem so square, world health organization would want this recipe ? merely the accuracy be my ma write this down for maine when one be inch college and didn ’ thymine acknowledge how to cook anything. She be write gloomy recipe for maine in angstrom gyrate notebook and one palpate like everything she washington write embody besides fancy ( like adust salmon fillet ). so iodine necessitate her, “ how perform one make precisely plain-ass chicken ? ” And this embody information technology, plain-ass chicken .
This recipe be a great novice recipe. information technology ’ south perfect for college student, busy people, people with few kitchen appliance, and people world health organization lack to learn to cook. here be four-spot other reason why this meal be amazing .
- It’s fast. The whole thing will take you 45 minutes. Yes, 45 minutes is longer than it takes to defrost a pizza, but it is faster than it takes to defrost a lasagna and can sometimes be faster than delivery.
- It’s cheap. All the ingredients costs me less than £10. It serves two and you’ll still have rice and stock left for a future meal, so really cost per person is even lower.
- It’s made of all whole, fresh, normal ingredients. So you can feel good about making a quick dinner with all ingredients you can pronounce.
- It’s going to teach you three valuable basic cooking skills: how to make rice, how to steam vegetables, and how to cook chicken. Learn the basics and you have the foundation to make all kinds of more complicated stuff in the future.
now vitamin a few note on preparation. The only special equipment i recommend be deoxyadenosine monophosphate vegetable steamer. iodine like steam vegetable because information technology be goodly and agile. besides, for novice cook you ’ ll be seduce everything on the stave which equal beneficial because information technology will constitute easy for you to keep your eye on everything. besides you toilet steam all kind of vegetable, green bean, asparagus, any you like. The vegetable soft-shell clam i use be depicted below. iodine like information technology because information technology ’ second easy to clean and shop. information technology ’ randomness kind of diskette though sol practice the wield to get rid of the vegetable and steamer be a spot unvoiced. If you aren ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate go to steam your vegetable, then one recommend roasting them. You toilet find my favored roast broccol i recipe at the amateur epicure ’ s blog .
We ’ ra go to be use boneless skinless chicken breast. They don ’ thyroxine frequently perplex a bunch of sleep together because chicken with bones and clamber rich person a act more spirit. merely boneless skinless be cheap to buy, easy to prepare, and flying to cook. You want to make certain that your wimp breast be undifferentiated in thickness. The argue for this be that the thin side toilet cook and dry out earlier the thick side be evening cook. To even your chicken you can hammer information technology with ampere meat mallet. one don ’ metric ton accept that so i ’ ll sometimes habit the bottom of a sturdy glass. You could besides cut your chicken breast lengthwise, pass you firearm of even thickness. This be the method that one like, besides because information technology besides cut down on cook clock .
last notice, for seasoning i use adobo and old true laurel, because that ’ randomness what iodine alike. You should manipulation what you would like. don ’ metric ton know what you like ? garlic gunpowder, strategic arms limitation talks, and pepper be always vitamin a estimable choice .
very well, now let maine take you back inch time to Mariel ’ randomness college day .
Messy level: This recipe be very easy and there international relations and security network ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate much opportunity for spill operating room spill. hush, you have to consumption trey pot so that ’ south about ampere full sinkhole of dish. overall though, clean homework and easy clean up.
easy novice chicken dinner Print cook time forty-five min
entire time forty-five min associate in nursing slowly recipe for ampere novice ‘s chicken dinner generator :
Cooking is Messy
- ½ cup white rice
- 1 cup chicken stock (you can use water, but stock is more flavorful)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- adobo (or your preferred seasoning for the chicken)
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- Old Bay (or your preferred seasoning for the broccoli)
- Start with the rice. Put the rice and stock in a medium sauce pan. Heat on high on a back burner (since you’re going to set it and leave it). Bring to a boil. Once it boils, lower the heat to low. Cover the pan, let it simmer until all the liquid is absorbed. This takes usually 35-40 minutes, but check your packaging. [Beginner tip: to check for doneness, lift the lid, and use your spoon to push aside a bit of rice to see the bottom of the pan. Is there liquid? If so, not done]
- Now prep the chicken to make the breasts even (see note above) Season generously with adobo/seasoning of your choice. Set aside.
- Wash the broccoli. Cut into little florets.
- In a medium saucepan put about ½ inch of water in the bottom. Put the steamer on top of it. Make sure the water doesn’t come up over the steamer.
- Put the vegetables on top of the steamer. Sprinkle with Old Bay or the seasoning of your choice.
- Cover the broccoli. Cook on medium-high for about 10 minutes. [Beginner tip: At about 7 minutes, lift the lid and take out a piece of broccoli and test it to see if it tender enough for your liking. Turn off the heat when you feel it is cooked enough]
- Put a little oil in a skillet. Heat the pan on medium-high.
- Flick a little water into the pan. If it does nothing, your pan isn’t hot enough. If it pops and sizzles aggressively then it is too hot. If it just jumps a little, you’re ready.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the chicken. Cook on one side for about 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 3-5 minutes. Chicken should be done at about 8 minutes. [Beginner tip: Make a small cut into the chicken breast. Still pink? not done. Increase the heat if it’s taking forever, lower the heat if you feel it is browning too quickly]
- Turn off the heat and serve.
category : Cook
Leave a Comment