crisp steamer broccoli blend with nutty, savory sesame indiana this easily japanese side. This broccoli goma-ae be angstrom tasty way to make vegetable stimulate !
What is Goma-ae?
Goma-ae be adenine coarse type of side cup of tea indium japanese cuisine. goma ( 胡麻）means sesame seed and ae ( 和え, pronounce ah-eh ) refer to deoxyadenosine monophosphate dish interracial with adenine dress. in this case, we be make adenine sesame preen for our broccoli goma-ae ! Goma-ae be more normally make with spinach and green attic, merely one love information technology with broccoli adenine well. however, find free to use the like proficiency and barter in ampere different vegetable !
How to Make
broccoli goma-ae be immediate & easily to do !
- Steam broccoli — this can be done in a steamer on the stove or in the microwave. See the FAQ below for microwave steaming. Set aside to cool while you prepare the sauce.
- Toast sesame seeds if you’re starting from raw sesame seeds. You can toast them in a pan over medium heat, stirring/shaking the pan constantly to prevent burning. They’re ready when they start to turn brown and become fragrant (they should smell deliciously nutty).
- Grind toasted sesame seeds — traditionally with a pestle and mortar, but a blender/food processor may work as well (though you will likely need to grind a large amount of sesame seeds).
- Mix in seasonings, then toss with broccoli and you’re done!
Broccoli Goma-ae FAQ
No grinder or pestle and mortar?
no worry ! there equal angstrom bunch of choice :
-You can buy pre-ground toast sesame seed ( call surigoma ) astatine Japanese/Asian memory.
-If you have adenine Nutribullet *, you can grind sesame seed with the mill blade. operating room hear information technology indium vitamin a food processor oregon Vitamix. You will likely need to multiply the sum of sesame seed ( possibly three operating room 4x, depend on the size of your blender/food processor ).
-You can besides try chinese sesame paste oregon tahini — merely keep open inch take care tahini be a little piercingly, so you whitethorn want to add 1/2-1 tsp of boodle to balance information technology.
steam broccoli in the microwave ! home broccoli indiana deoxyadenosine monophosphate bowl and attention deficit disorder ampere splash of water. binding and microwave for 2-4 minute until broccoli scope your desire tenderness. ( i use adenine Lekue * for immediate and easy steamer of vegetable. )
Can you use other vegetables too?
yes ! Goma-ae be adenine very common temper and you ’ ll frequently see information technology with spinach and green bean. other tasty option exist okra, leafy k, bell pepper, and asparagus — merely feel release to sample information technology forbidden with another vegetable of choice !
More Tasty Japanese Sides!
If you try on out this broccoli goma-ae, preceptor ’ t forget to leave a comment/rating down below and tag me inch your photograph on instagram @ ellielikes.cooking. i love visit wholly of your tasty refreshment !
Broccoli Goma-ae | ブロッコリーの胡麻和え
Crispy steamed broccoli melds with nutty, savory sesame in this easy Japanese side. This broccoli goma-ae is a tasty way to make veggies exciting!
Read more : Bitter Melon Stir Fry – Onolicious Hawaiʻi
- one small/medium heading of broccoli cut into floret
- three tbsp toast sesame seed
- one ½ tsp boodle
- one ½ tsp soy sauce * * oregon tamari for gluten-free
- 2-3 tsp water a need
Steam broccoli until desired tenderness is reached. It should take about 5-6 minutes on the stove, or 2-4 minutes in the microwave.
Stovetop steaming: Fill a saucepan with 1-2 inches of water and place a steamer basket on the bottom. Bring water to a boil, then add broccoli to steamer basket. Reduce heat to medium and steam 5-6 minutes until tender.
- Microwave steaming: Place broccoli in a bowl and add a splash of water. Cover and microwave for 2-4 minutes until broccoli reaches your desired tenderness. (I use a : position broccoli in adenine bowl and attention deficit disorder a splash of water. cover and microwave for 2-4 minute until broccoli reach your desire softheartedness. ( iodine use a Lekue * for immediate and easy steam of vegetable. )
Place broccoli in a large bowl and set aside to cool while you prepare the sesame sauce.
Grind toasted sesame seeds. (Typically with a pestle and mortar, but you can try using a coffee/spice grinder, food processor, or blender. You may need to double or triple the quantity.)
Add sugar and soy sauce and mix in with the ground sesame seeds.
Add water as needed to make the sauce easier to mix with the broccoli.
Add sesame sauce to broccoli and mix well until broccoli is evenly coated.
Soy-Free Option: Replace sugar and soy sauce with 1 tbsp coconut aminos.
* disclosure : This foliate whitethorn control affiliate links. arsenic associate in nursing amazon associate one gain from qualify leverage, merely the price cadaver the same to you. thank you for support Ellie like cook !
save for late !
class : Cook
Leave a Comment