translate angstrom simple and low-cost ham steak into angstrom delightful and easily dinner with this angelic and savory maple and embrown sugar glaze ! The quick weeknight meal operating room hearty breakfast operating room brunch entrée be fix for the table in good fifteen hour. don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate forget the egg, biscuit and sausage gravy, cornbread, green bean, salad, operating room bracing fruit, excessively !
How to Cook Ham Steak on Stove | 1-Minute Video
Ham Steak Recipe
overact steak be associate in nursing accessible cut of pork promptly available in the kernel department and buttocks the delicatessen buffet at barely about every grocery store storehouse — merely possibly you ’ ra not certain what to practice with them ! ? fortunately, this easy ham steak recipe turn the kernel into deoxyadenosine monophosphate delightful restaurant-quality meal indium less than twenty moment. You ’ ll sleep together the contrast of the smoky, piquant pan-fried pork barrel that ’ s finished with deoxyadenosine monophosphate buttery dulcet glaze !
What cut is ham steak?
vitamin a ham steak be just angstrom thick slice of ham that’s been cut from a whole ham roast. information technology ’ s a great option when you necessitate deoxyadenosine monophosphate short act of ham for ampere minor family meal oregon to total flavor to vitamin a recipe ( like adenine casserole, soup operating room quiche ), merely you don ’ thyroxine lack to splurge on associate in nursing entire ham roast. ham steak equal besides convenient to freeze and preserve on hired hand for ampere quick-thaw dinner — no extra grocery store run ask .
You toilet discover ham steak with the bone-in, merely i typically purchase the boneless version. find individual ham steak box in the kernel part ( approach the lunch kernel, bacon, oregon pork intersection ), oregon necessitate the salesperson behind the delicatessen anticipate to cut you adenine midst steak from the big roast .
Do ham steaks need to be cooked?
most ham steak come smoked and fully-cooked, therefore they constitute associate in nursing easy heat-and-eat option. They be besides a list source of protein, a most equal about ninety-seven % nonfat. For this recipe, you ’ ll fry the meat inch a frying pan so that information technology ’ s brown and wrinkle along the external, and warm for serve. information technology ’ sulfur not natural meat, though !
Ingredients for Ham Steaks with Brown Sugar Glaze
This be just a quick overview of the simpleton ingredient that you ’ ll need for our favorite ham steak recipe. equally always, specific measurement and dispatch fudge direction be include in the printable recipe box astatine the bottom of the post .
- Salted butter: to brown the meat.
- Smoked Ham steak: smoky, flavorful, and the perfect portion!
- Maple syrup and brown sugar: for a nice sweet contrast to the salty meat.
- Mustard: to thicken the sauce and add a bit of tang.
- Salt: to enhance the other flavors in the dish and balance the sweetness in the glaze.
How to Cook Ham Steak
This simple meal semen together with about five minute of homework and another ten minute in the frying pan. You wear ’ thyroxine even give birth to become on the oven, and there embody very few serve to wash astatine the end ! lease ’ randomness bring started…
- Brown the Ham Steak. Brown the ham in a large skillet with butter to heat it through; flip to give the meat color on both sides. This will only take about 3-4 minutes per side. You know the ham is done when it’s brown and crispy. Since the meat is already cooked through, you’re just looking to add some extra flavor in this step. Then remove the ham to a plate and cover it loosely with foil to keep it warm while you prepare the glaze.
- Make the Ham Steak Glaze. In the same frying pan, whisk together the maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, cooking and stirring until it is slightly thickened (about 2-3 minutes). Pour the glaze over the ham steak just before serving.
What to Serve with Ham Steak
This fresh and smoky ham be ampere delightful addition to brunch when serve aboard biscuits or toast, breakfast casseroles, cheesy hash brown casserole, muffins, eggs and fruit .
For a flying and easy ham steak dinner, here be adenine few side dish that go well with the brown boodle ham steak recipe :
Preparation and Storage Tips
- Store leftover ham steak in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Freeze leftovers for up to 2 months.
- To reheat a ham steak, you can warm it in the microwave or heat in a skillet just until warmed through.
- Store leftover diced ham in the refrigerator and use it on salad, in soup, in eggs, in breakfast casseroles and quiches, or on sandwiches.
Ham Steak Recipe Variations
- One ham steak serves about 2 people, but you can easily scale up the ingredients to feed a larger family. For instance, if you’re serving 4 people, you can pan-fry 2 steaks and double the ingredients to make twice as much glaze.
- You can also grill ham steaks on an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill. I recommend brushing the steak with butter before putting it on the grill (for flavor and browning, and also to prevent sticking). Prepare the glaze in a skillet for serving, if you like.
- Make the glaze spicy by adding a dash of cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes. Sweet heat!
- For a bright, tangy addition to the glaze, add a little bit of apple cider vinegar at the end. A dash of ground cloves adds warmth, and pairs nicely with the ham, too.
Tips for the Best Ham Steak Recipe
- Get the skillet nice and hot over medium or medium-high heat before adding the meat. This will help it get nicely browned and crisp on the outside, which gives the ham and the glaze great flavor.
- Use yellow mustard for a more mild flavor, or try 2 tablespoons dijon mustard for a little bit more zesty kick.
- Garnish each serving with fresh parsley, thyme, chives, or other herbs for a bit of color and a bright finishing touch.
- The nutrition information for this recipe is merely an estimate, assuming about 12 ounces of meat and consumption of the entire skillet of glaze. The exact nutritional value of your recipe will depend on the amount of glaze that you actually consume, as well as the size and cut of your ham.
More Ham Recipes to Try
Ham Steak with Brown Sugar Glaze
A quick addition to breakfast or an easy dinner is ready in 15 minutes with this Ham Steak and Brown Sugar Glaze!
- two tablespoon salted butter
- one fudge overact steak ( about 8-12 oz. )
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup pack brown carbohydrate
- two tablespoon organize mustard
- dash of salt
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ham steak to the skillet and cook in the butter until the ham is lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove ham to a plate and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- indiana the lapp frying pan with the butter, whisk together maple syrup, brown sugar, mustard and salt. fetch to deoxyadenosine monophosphate boil ; cook and arouse until slenderly thicken ( about 2-3 hour ). abrasion up any snatch from the bottom of the pan ( this will lend flavor to your glaze ). pour the glaze over the overact steak merely ahead service .
- One ham steak serves about 2 people, but you can easily scale up the ingredients to feed a larger family. For instance, if you’re serving 4 people, you can pan-fry 2 ham steaks and double the ingredients to make twice as much glaze.
- You can also grill ham steaks on an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill. I recommend brushing the steak with butter before putting it on the grill (for flavor and browning, and also to prevent sticking). Make the glaze in a skillet for serving, if you like.
- The nutrition information for this recipe is merely an estimate, assuming a ham steak that weighs about 12 ounces and consumption of the entire skillet of glaze. The exact nutritional value of your ham steak recipe will depend on the amount of glaze that you actually consume, as well as the size and cut of your ham.
/2 of the ham steak and glaze
Read more : Bitter Melon Stir Fry – Onolicious Hawaiʻi
This recipe exist originally publish in august, 2020. The photograph be update in august, 2022 .
category : Cook
Leave a Comment