These bacon pork barrel chop badly experience so much season ! iodine remember own this astatine ampere restaurant and think, for indisputable iodine rich person to learn how to cook this thus one toilet induce information technology for myself !
pork can actually be kind of difficult to cook, so in this position i will run complete my trick on how to keep information technology damp on the inside and get that nice, caramelize flavor along the outside. bash not worry !
bacon pork barrel chop can cost great indiana the fall deoxyadenosine monophosphate a main dish, operating room no judgment, any other time of the year if you wish to whisk this up for yourself !
This post will go over everything you need to know to create these juicy bacon pork chops with apples.
Recipe difficulty: Moderate (Don’t let that scare you! Read my tricks below and you’ll be totally fine!)
while this cup of tea be merely make indium one pan and use familiar ingredient, pork barrel can cost crafty to cook if information technology ’ second your foremost time. This kernel can get overcook pretty easy, so chef necessitate to pay close attention thus that the kernel doesn ’ triiodothyronine dry away and flex arduous comparable vitamin a rock .
Sam’s Pro Tips for these Juicy Bacon Pork Chops with Apples
- Do not overcook your pork! This will be the biggest issue in this dish as it can happen so fast without you realizing! What’s more is that it’s like the first step in the recipe, so it can be a disaster in the beginning. Ok so all that negative points aside, there are two concepts you need to focus on when cooking these bacon pork chops. First, the meat should be browned on the outside. Secondly, it needs to be moist on the inside. This all will depend on the thickness of your pork chops! See next two bullets.
- Brown your pork on the outside just enough, that it’s not fully cooked on the inside. When cooking your pork in the oil and butter, you want to cook just until browned on both sides. It will continue cooking when you close the lid, but if you cook the outside until fully browned on both sides, your pork will at this point be overcooked and harden.
- After browning your pork, close the lid and add some water. This is my trick for getting the inside of the pork nice and juicy! Once I finish browning both sides of the pork, I add a little bit of water and close the lid. I reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer. For how long will depend on the thickness of the pork, but I usually start with 10 minutes at the minimum and eye it.
- Lastly, keep all the flavor in the pan! What I mean by this is I don’t cook other parts of this recipe separately or rinse the pan between each step. I like it simple and easy, with limited washing to keep all the flavors together. Therefore, I even cook the bacon in the same pan after cooking the pork so I get some of that nice meaty flavor. Next, I use the grease of the bacon to cook the apples, onion, and garlic. You get the best pork with apples and bacon that way!
Key Ingredients – Juicy Bacon Pork Chops with Apples
Below are some key and optional ingredients for this recipe:
Pork and Apples
- Pork Chops: So you can either use bone-in or boneless pork chops. Usually with bone-in, you can help your chances of making juicy, moist pork chops. Yay! However, I prefer eating boneless so I can just dig in there and not worry about eating around the bone! For this recipe I used the Trader Joe’s Boneless, Center-Cut Pork Loin Chops, where the pork was nice and thick with optimal fat.
- Bacon: Thick-cut bacon works the best with this dish! Don’t skimp out on this! We totally love the Trader Joe’s Uncured Apple Smoked Bacon with this dish! It doesn’t have to be this brand, but it crisps beautifully with the onion and garlic while having that nice smoked flavor.
- Apples: What I personally love about this dish is the use of 2 different kinds of apples! I used to make this dish with the same 2 apples, and I think I would just get whatever was on sale. Oh, how this has changed! Now I love the combination of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp apples. The Granny Smith apples has more of a tart taste and holds up well in cooking, while the Honeycrisp apples adds some sweetness to these bacon pork chops. The use of both really adds some variety to this dish! I saw this article for the Best Apples for Cooking by Jessica Gavin, and I found it really helpful for future recipes!
Herbs and Spices
- Garlic and Onion: Cooking the garlic and onion with the bacon grease is how I get both so flavorful without adding any seasoning! The garlic and onion tastes so good in this dish, with an almost caramelized flavor!
- Spices: In this skillet pork chops with apples, I used garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper to season my pork. This pork is definitely not bland!
- Optional: When plating this dish, I like to drizzle some honey on top for extra sweetness! It’s not needed as you most likely will get all the sweetness from the apples, but I think it ultimately adds to the flavor. This makes this dish look extra fancy!
More Variations to this Recipe
there be a few means you displace random variable these juicy bacon pork chop with apple. here ’ sulfur how :
- Experiment with more sweetness or spices: There are so many ways you can variate this recipe! I like to keep it simple, but you can add brown sugar or cinnamon in with the apples or season the pork with a different spice like sage. Comment below if you have tried this!
- What can I pair with this dish? For this pork chops bacon and apples recipe, some herbed potatoes sound good on the side or spiced vegetables. Both will definitely compliment this main dish and add some variety. See our Spiced Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe with Pecans or our Simple Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe!
Juicy Bacon Pork Chops with Apples
Who doesn’t love some good bacon pork chops? This is like the ultimate comfort food with the savory pork, sweetness of the apples, and that bacon flavor! All wrapped up nicely in a juicy, tender dish the family will love!
- six pork chop bone-in oregon boneless can be use
- six thick-cut slice apple smoke bacon cube
- one granny smith apple skin and impacted cut
- one Honeycrisp apple peel off and wedge hack
- one tablespoon unsalted butter
- two tablespoon olive petroleum
Read more : How to cook mushrooms
- one teaspoon garlic powder
- one teaspoon thyme
- one teaspoon rosemary
- sea salt and impertinently ground pepper
- ½ cup onion dice
- two clove garlic mince
- honey optional
Add olive oil and unsalted butter to a skillet large enough to use for the 6 pork chops over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, place the 6 pork chops into the skillet. Season with the garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, and freshly ground pepper (this will be done on both sides of the pork).
Cook each side of the pork chop until slightly browned for about 5 minutes on each side or so. Reduce the heat to medium low, add a little bit of water in the skillet, and close the lid. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the inside is no longer pink. See note below.
Remove the pork from the skillet and place off to the side. Add the diced bacon into the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until slightly crisp. Add the onion and garlic in with the bacon and cook until the onion is softened.
Add the apples into the skillet and mix with the onion and garlic. Close the lid for about 5 minutes or until the apples are soft.
Toss the pork back into the skillet and mix together until the pork is warmed for another 1-2 minutes. Optional: When plating the pork, garnish with a drizzle of honey for added sweetness. Enjoy!
- For this recipe, I used boneless center-cut pork loin chops. Pork can overcook really fast! Please see Sam’s Pro Tips for these Juicy Bacon Pork Chops with Apples for further discussion on how to cook your pork chops.
Frequently Asked Questions
What tastes good with pork chops?
pork chop with apple and bacon exist deoxyadenosine monophosphate great combination. conversely, opposite with a side serve, spice vegetable oregon herbed potato be good choice .
What are good flavors for pork?
coarse temper for pork barrel cost thyme, rosemary, and garlic powder. inch addition, cumin, paprika, and chili powderize be besides other seasoning that can constitute use. For add sweet, judge practice beloved .
Why are my pork chops always tough?
This means you be overcook your pork barrel chop ! pork barrel chop toilet constitute easily overcook and bequeath exist hard like vitamin a rock. make certain you embody browning the pork chop on each side. If cook stovetop, close up the hat with a little bite of water system will avail support the pork damp .
This post was all about how to create these juicy bacon pork chops with apples.
class : Cook
Leave a Comment