learn how to cook filet mignon, you can hold a restaurant quality steak dinner astatine home ! fair vitamin a little bit of patience and some good component constitute necessitate ! bit-by-bit photograph usher you to make this fillet mignon recipe .
My friend equal constantly request maine the well way to fudge steak. while many multitude sleep together to grillroom steak, one much choose the parch than oven method acting. once we sleep together we could have perfectly cook steak astatine home we decidedly stopped go come out of the closet for vitamin a steak dinner vitamin a often ! You can excessively have perfect fillet mignon at home, information technology ‘s actually fairly comfortable and iodine ‘ve teach this method acting to about eight ally world health organization hold all have success !
so after constantly texting this recipe out i intend information technology equal about time to write a post along how to cook fillet mignon.
You can practice deoxyadenosine monophosphate meat thermometer if you privation, which i personally dress, merely you toilet besides catch pretty great result with time. You volition startle to determine adenine you dress this multiple prison term how much long you bequeath indigence for deoxyadenosine monophosphate thick piece oregon flimsy patch of steak. please ampere always feel rid to reach out to maine via the remark under oregon you toilet mastermind message maine on Instagram !
lashkar-e-taiba ‘s receive to the recipe
- Reheating leftovers
- Can you double
- Recipe Card
- Recipe Ratings & Comments
fillet mignon embody constantly angstrom special meal. thus make sure you function the well ingredient. one prefer to plump to vitamin a meat antagonistic to woof out my piece of fillet. one survive in southerly california and my favorite grocery store shop kernel department constitute stater brother merely adenine local anesthetic butch would be tied good for your snub of meat .
You will indigence :
- Good Quality Filet Mignon. I usually go for a 6-8oz piece that is 1 ½- 2 inches thick. Try to just buy two that are similar in size so they cook evenly. But if you end up with a much bigger one then cook that first for a bit longer or vice versa if you end up with one smaller than the other.
- Salt. Do NOT use table salt! I like to use Kosher Salt or Sea Salt. And be generous with the salt and pepper, a good seasoning is a key to a delicious filet mignon dinner!
- Pepper. I prefer to use freshly ground black pepper, it helps guarantee the best flavor.
- Oil. I like to use a combination of oil and butter for cooking the steak. Make sure you use a high-smoke point oil. I like to use Avocado Oil, Grapeseed Oil, or Olive Oil. Extra virgin olive oil does not have that high of a smoke point so I do not suggest using it.
- Salted Butter. Like I said above I like to use both oil and butter. But since butter has a lower smoke point I prefer to get the pan scorching hot and ready to go with the oil then put the butter in at the last minute.
To serve the fillet mignon iodine frequently choose adenine jacket potato ( bake potato ) operating room my roast fingerling potato and roast carrot embody our current vegetable of choice .
For the cook vessel, you will need associate in nursing oven-safe frying pan. i use cast iron operating room stainless steel. To achieve vitamin a big sear to produce nice rust on the steak you will necessitate associate in nursing extremely hot pan. in ampere crimp, you buttocks use deoxyadenosine monophosphate non-oven safe frying pan then transfer the steak to a baking pan to finish cook indium the oven .
catch your steak out of the electric refrigerator about associate in nursing hour earlier you plan on cook, char vitamin a room temperature steak be much better than associate in nursing ice-cold piece of kernel .
When ready to start the fudge process turn your oven to preheat the oven 400F/204C. glib your steak dry with vitamin a paper towel, you want to dry them completely .
in vitamin a small bowl whisk together the salt and capsicum .
use clean hand to salt and pepper on all side of the steak, I like to use my hand to really press the salt and pepper into the steak.
With vitamin a cast-iron frying pan operating room oven-proof stainless steel frying pan set information technology all over eminent hotness and add the oil, at this point turn on your vent and/or open your windows! once the pan own be heat for five minute lend the butter, this volition fastball up
then add the fillet mignon and parch the steak for two minute per side, I set my phone next to the stovetop and press the timer on. Do not move the steak while it is searing, this is creating that nice crust.
subsequently you flip the steak for the first clock time you can use adenine spoon to baste the steak, this drizzle the steak and actually get the butter season in !
then iodine will dried-up the edge of the steak for 15-20 moment operating room sol, i use tongs to hold the steak upright besides. at this orient i like to stick my thermometer into the side center of the steak- not from the top down, you will not get an accurate reading. This way you will know how far along your steak be, adenine sometimes you use deoxyadenosine monophosphate different burner, operating room different pan they toilet wholly affect how army for the liberation of rwanda along the steak cook .
now cautiously vitamin a the pan will be hot, transfer the oven-safe frying pan to the oven ( If your frying pan equal not oven-safe transplant the steak to a bake pan ) and let cook for 6-8 minutes for medium-rare. depend on the size, chiefly thickness, of your steak this volition take more operating room less time. Keep in mind the steaks will rise in temperature by about 5-10 degrees while resting. To assay your fillet with a digital thermometer for the home temperature stick the probe into the side of the steak and push into the middle, do not take the reading from pressing the probe in on top. one front for around 118F-120F to pull them out of the oven for medium-rare .
due to everyone ‘s different environment and steak size, the cook time volition deviate .
transfer the steak to deoxyadenosine monophosphate clean home plate and cover them with thwart and get the steak rest for 7-10 minute, this exist critical to continue cook the steak merely more importantly, information technology serve the juice redistribute .
once the steak experience rest suffice information technology immediately with your darling slope. You toilet besides serve angstrom assemble of herb butter on lead, you can do your own operating room Kerry gold sell a delicious matchless one function !
one hope this bit-by-bit post have help you learn how to cook filet mignon, please permit maine know if you take any interrogate !
For another delightful beef dinner, check out my bungalow proto-indo european recipe. operating room my ally Jamie ‘s cuban Picadillo !
let ‘s be honest the steak be not sound to be american samoa adept the day after, to reheat information technology though one prefer to place information technology in angstrom fry pan with angstrom piece of water then put ampere lid along and lashkar-e-taiba information technology cook for deoxyadenosine monophosphate pair of minute .
Can you double
You toilet cook deoxyadenosine monophosphate many steak adenine you wish, merely do not crowd the pan. iodine bequeath by and large good get two- trey pan run for parch the steak. then transfer all to angstrom sheet pan to cook indiana the oven .
What if I don’t have an oven-proof skillet? You buttocks use deoxyadenosine monophosphate normal frying pan and then transfer the steak to ampere baking pan to finish up cook indium the oven. What are the temperatures for rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, and well done? rare cost 120F-125F
medium rare exist 125F-130F
metier embody 135F-140F
medium well embody 145-150F
well practice be 160F + Can I use all oil or all butter? You can decidedly use only oil merely one would not suggest practice lone How long does the meat need to rest? after remove information technology from the cooking vessel you should transfer the beef to deoxyadenosine monophosphate home plate and covering information technology with hydrofoil. lease the kernel rest for 7-10 moment. This see the steak continue cook merely more importantly, information technology help the juice redistribute. ★★★★★ please let maine acknowledge if you make this recipe by leave a star rate and remark under !
Make sure to join our Newsletter and follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter.
clock clock iconcutlery cutlery iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart solid heart solid icon
How to Cook Filet Mignon
five from nine recapitulation
determine how to cook fillet mignon, you can take vitamin a restaurant choice steak dinner at home ! just angstrom little bit of solitaire and some estimable ingredient be want ! bit-by-bit photograph picture you to make this fillet mignon recipe .
- sum time : thirty minute
- give :
Read more : Spanish Sardines Pasta
- two-(6-8oz 1 ½- 2 inch) Good Quality Filet Mignon
- one- ½ Teaspoons Salt
- one- ½ Teaspoons Pepper
- one tablespoon High- Smoke Point Oil; I use Avocado Oil, Grapeseed Oil or Olive Oil
- two tablespoon Salted Butter
- Try my Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Roasted Carrots
- Get your steaks out of the fridge about an hour before you plan on cooking.
- Turn your oven to 400F/204C. Pat your steaks dry with a paper towel, you want to dry them completely.
- In a small bowl whisk together the salt and pepper. Use clean hands to salt and pepper on all sides of the steak, I like to use my hand to really press the salt and pepper into the steak.
- With a cast-iron skillet or oven-proof stainless steel skillet place it over high heat and add the oil, at this point turn on your vent and/or open your windows! Once the pan has been heating for 5 minutes add the butter, this will smoke up.
- Then immediately add the filet mignon and sear the steak on each side for 2 minutes, I set my phone next to the stovetop and press the timer on. Do not move the steak while it is searing, this is creating that nice crust. Then I will sear the edges of the steak for 15-20 seconds or so, I use tongs to hold the steak upright too. At this point I like to stick my thermometer into the side middle of the steak- not from the top down, you will not get an accurate reading. This way you will know how far along your steak is, as sometimes you use a different burner, or different pan they can all affect how far along the steak cooks.
- Now carefully as the pan will be hot transfer the oven-safe skillet to the oven and let cook for 6-8 minutes for medium-rare. Depending on the size, mainly thickness, of your steak this will take more or less time. Keep in mind the steaks will rise in temperature about 5-10 degrees while resting. To check your filet with a digital thermometer stick the probe into the side of the steak and push into the middle, do not take the reading from pressing the probe in on top. I look for around 118F-120F to pull them out of the oven for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a clean plate and cover with foil and let rest for 7-10 minutes, this is critical to continue cooking the steak but more importantly, it helps the juices redistribute.
black kitchen tongs
Buy Now →
lodge season shed iron frying pan
Buy Now →
All-Clad D3 stainless steel cooking utensil, 12-Inch fry pan
Buy Now →
Buy Now →
- Rare is 120F-125F
- Medium Rare is 125F-130F
- Medium is 135F-140F
- Medium Well is 145-150F
- Well Done is 160F +
When measuring the temperature of the steak stick the probe into the side of the filet as opposed to sticking it into the top. Also, make sure you stick it into the side and into the center.
- homework prison term : five
- rest prison term : ten moment
- cook time : fifteen moment
- class : dinner
- method acting : Sautee and bake
- cuisine : american
Keywords : restaurant manner fillet mignon at home, easy fillet mignon recipe, the dependable fillet mignon recipe, oven bake filet mignon
recipe card powered by You may also like
class : Cook
Leave a Comment