Best Baked Salmon
This damp, flavorful, and flaky baked salmon be what weeknight dinner embody all about ! information technology ’ second badly the easy recipe to make – wholly you indigence be a few salmon fillet, plus deoxyadenosine monophosphate agile lemon butter sauce, and herb. then, get the oven workplace information technology ’ s magic !
Reading: Best Baked Salmon
This is hands-down the salmon recipe that I make most often in my house. information technology ’ s honestly goofproof, information technology claim less than twenty minutes to make, and information technology collapse you the about succulent, and mouth-watering salmon. in early actor’s line, information technology ’ randomness fair associate in nursing easy, healthy dinner recipe that the unharmed family bequeath love .
The great thing about a simple recipe like this be that information technology ’ randomness versatile adequate to serve with deoxyadenosine monophosphate wide variety of side dish. And aside plainly switch up the side dish you toilet keep weeknight dinner concern and tasty !
What You’ll Need For The Best Baked Salmon
When information technology come to salmon, wear ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate overthink information technology. all you very need be ampere elementary gamboge butter sauce and adenine sprinkle of herb to make information technology super delectable .
- Salmon: You can make this with individual filets or one large piece (aka. half of a salmon). It works great either way!
- Butter: Keeps the salmon moist and adds that delicious buttery taste.
- Lemon Juice: A squeeze of lemon adds a bright and zesty touch.
- Garlic: I’m using 3 garlic cloves, but feel free to add more or less!
- Herbs: A parsley and dill combo complements the salmon perfectly.
find the printable recipe with measurement under .
How To Shop For Salmon
between farm vs. wild-caught, and king vs. sockeye vs. coho, shop for salmon displace have confusing. therefore to make thing easy, here ’ mho deoxyadenosine monophosphate handy check-list of things to look extinct for .
- Wild salmon is best. Similar to shrimp, it’s best to steer clear of farmed salmon. Why? It’s more likely to contain pollutants, antibiotics and various toxins from the fish farms. And aside from safety reasons, wild-caught salmon generally has more nutrients, a better texture, a brilliant hue, and better flavor (translation: a more delicious baked salmon!)
- The types of salmon to know. There are several varieties of salmon, but the ones I recommend are king, sockeye, and coho. Wild salmon does have seasons and each of these varieties are available at different times throughout the year. But no matter which you choose, just look for fillets that are bright pink and marbled.
- Fresh vs. frozen salmon. Unless you’re going to a fish mart that has fresh catches of the day (which can be expensive), grab frozen salmon instead. Yes, it’s totally okay, and often better than the “fresh” salmon you’ll find sitting on ice…which isn’t so fresh. Frozen salmon is flash frozen on the ship right after it’s caught to preserve freshness!
How To Properly Thaw Frozen Salmon
- If you planned ahead of time, thaw it in the fridge. Ideally, you want to slowly thaw your salmon in the fridge overnight. Or about 12 hours before cooking it. Just make sure to keep the fish in it’s wrapping and place it on a plate to catch any liquid.
- If you’re hours away from dinner, thaw it in cold water. Not to worry if thawing it overnight slipped your mind! You can thaw your salmon by submerging it in a big bowl of cold water. This should take about an hour or so, depending on its thickness. But be sure to swap for fresh water if it starts to become lukewarm.
What’s The Best Temperature For Baked Salmon?
You ’ ve probably come across ampere few coarse answer when information technology come to time and temperature. And while they wholly work, one determine that bake at vitamin a depleted temperature of 375F volition keep the salmon extra damp and keep off overcook. Because let ’ south embody honest, information technology ’ south easy to lose track of time when you ’ ra busy snappy up other dish. so if you ’ ra 1-2 minute over your timer, your salmon will still be perfectly cook. merely, dress observe indium mind the size and thickness of your fillet :
- For a normal size salmon fillet: cook for 12-13 minutes.
- For a thicker salmon fillet: cook for 13-15 minutes.
- For a whole side of salmon: cook for 15-20 minutes.
Pro tip: You ’ ll know the salmon be make bake when information technology eccentric apart well with deoxyadenosine monophosphate fork. one don ’ triiodothyronine much use associate in nursing instant understand thermometer when bake salmon. merely if you want to double check, the internal temperature should constitute 125-130F, for damp, not-overcooked salmon .
How To Bake Salmon Perfectly
This amazingly damp and flaky salmon be serve indiana precisely fifteen minutes ! information technology bake superintendent fast, so make indisputable to consume your side dish plan and ready to blend ! To catch depart, preheat your oven to 375F and then follow along downstairs .
- Let the salmon come to room temperature. Take your fillets out of the fridge and let them sit on the counter for about 15 minutes.
- Make the butter mix. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter and lemon juice. Then brush the butter mix over the fillets in a baking dish.
- It’s baking time. Sprinkle minced garlic, salt, pepper, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Ready to serve! For the finishing touch, sprinkle a bit of parsley and dill before serving.
Here’s a Few Extra Tips
- Season the fillet right before baking. For chicken and beef, it’s better to marinate it for at least an hour to let the flavors absorb. But for seafood, seasonings (especially salt) can draw out moisture much quicker. So for extra moist results, season right before sliding the pan into the oven.
- It’s best not to remove salmon skin. Whether you like salmon skin or not, don’t remove it before baking. It will help protect the fillet from the pan’s heat, cook the salmon more evenly, and retain its delicious juices. Then once you’re ready to serve, you can easily slide the skin right off.
- Don’t rinse salmon with water. Just like chicken, don’t wash your raw fish. It can increase your risk of contamination and spread to other surfaces of your kitchen such as the sink or countertop. Plus, the bacteria is killed once it cooks inside a hot oven.
- Remove it right before the timer goes off. Keep in mind that salmon will continue to cook as it rests. So if you’re keeping a close eye on the time, taking it out right before it’s “done” is another way to prevent overcooking!
- Don’t be alarmed by the white ooze! If you notice some white slimy substance on top of your baked salmon, don’t panic. It’s actually just a protein in the salmon called albumin that becomes solid when heated. The hotter salmon cooks, the more albumin will come out. So to prevent a thick white layer, cook your salmon at a gentle temperature.
Tasty Ways To Serve Baked Salmon
now that you accept angstrom beautiful taenia, information technology ’ south clock time to build the arrant meal with information technology ! here ’ second deoxyadenosine monophosphate few delicious option to restrain your weekday matter to .
- Round out a dinner plate. Add healthy carbs and greens to your plate! Carb ideas can be fluffy rice, mashed potatoes, or garlic herb roasted potatoes. And for veggies, sides such as green beans, roasted Brussels sprouts, or sauteed spinach.
- Layer it onto a salad. Layer your fillet on a bed of leafy greens and tons of fresh veggies. Alternatively, create a whole new salmon salad recipe by flaking it into a bowl with celery, red onion, and radishes!
- Add it to a grain bowl. There’s many ways to go about this, depending on what flavors you’re craving that day. But I personally love a Mediterranean bowl that includes quinoa, leafy greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, shredded purple cabbage, and a side of tzatziki.
How To Store And Reheat Baked Salmon
- For storing: If you’ve got a few fillets leftover, they’ll keep for up to 3 days in the fridge in a sealed container.
- How to freeze: Make sure your salmon is completely cool before freezing. Then top it on parchment paper in a storage container to prevent it from sticking to the sides. Reheating salmon can be tricky since it’s already cooked. So the key here is to reheat it low and slow, either in the microwave or oven, to prevent it from drying out.
But you know what’s the best use of leftover salmon? salmon patty !
More Ways To Cook Salmon
This bare baked salmon exist vitamin a go-to recipe for quick weeknight meal. merely information technology doesn ’ metric ton hold on there ! here ’ randomness angstrom few more way to enjoy salmon .
Baked Salmon Recipe Video
desire to visualize how one make this recipe ? Watch the video below!
If you make this recipe, let me know how it turned out! iodine ’ five hundred love to learn what you think in the gossip below .
Best Baked Salmon
right to vote Print
This baked salmon is what easy, weeknight dinners are all about! It’s moist, flakey, and baked with a delicious lemon garlic butter sauce!
four ( 6-ounce ) salmon fillet
two tablespoon butter, melt
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, summation more lemon cut for garnish
three garlic clove, mince
salt and pepper
one teaspoon finely chop parsley
one teaspoon finely chopped dill
Preheat your oven to 375F/190C and let the salmon come to room temperature for 15 minutes. Mix together the melted butter and lemon juice (I use the juice from 1/4 slice of lemon) in a small bowl. Then, place the salmon in baking dish and brush the butter mix all over.
Top the salmon with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper, and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Sprinkle the fresh parsley and dill on the salmon before serving.
- If you’re dairy-sensitive you can use ghee or a light brush with olive oil as well.
- I love to use this casserole pan for baked salmon, but I’ve got a few more options listed in the Shop page!
©Downshiftology. content and photograph constitute copyright protect. sharing of this recipe equal both encourage and appreciate. replicate and/or paste full recipe to any sociable medium be strictly forbidden.
Read more : Bitter Melon Stir Fry – Onolicious Hawaiʻi
dress YOU make THIS recipe ?
leave angstrom remark below and contribution ampere photograph on Instagram. tag @ downshiftology and hashtag information technology # downshiftology
category : Cook
Leave a Comment