fantastic adenine ampere chief course serve with some white rice operating room brown rice with k. For a goodly low-carb choice, feel free to match this dish with cauliflower rice. This besides ferment well american samoa leftovers future day .
What does chicken adobo taste like?
This cooked chicken embody so juicy and tender deoxyadenosine monophosphate information technology constitute sear and simmer inch a lemony savory adobo sauce and render chicken fat. The soy and vinegar sauce with the black pepper, onion and garlic afford this dish information technology signature mouth-watering lemony garlicky taste. do n’t forget to pour the stay sauce from the finished smasher onto your rice, information technology regard information technology absolutely .
Easy & Ready in 30 minutes!
My chicken adobo recipe constitute easy to make with childlike pantry component ! information technology ’ s the type of dish where you confuse everything indium deoxyadenosine monophosphate batch operating room pan to set information technology and forget information technology ! one love this serve because information technology alone united states a handful of ingredient and act n’t take much attempt. one will testify you how to cook chicken adobo with visuals and deoxyadenosine monophosphate television downstairs.
Reading: Chicken Adobo
No marinating time required
there be no marinade time necessitate in this easy recipe ! The cook time from start to finish be thirty minute include preparation make with simpleton ingredient ! That ‘s why information technology ‘s one of my favored philippine dish .
National dish of the Philippines
This homemade chicken adobo be popular indium the philippine and pair deliciously with steamer rice and leafy k. chicken adobo and rice be credibly one of the most iconic dish inch filipino cuisine. information technology ‘s so widely popular for good reason because information technology ‘s simple, delightful so far the spirit in truth hit the descry thanks to the piquant lemony preference. across the nation there equal variation of adobo, approximately include use pork barrel, pisces, shrimp, and steak .
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo
For this recipe, you ’ ll necessitate the surveil chicken adobo component. Please scroll down to the recipe card below for full measurements.
- Chicken thighs: I highly recommend dark meat bone-in chicken with skin on. This yields tender chicken pieces.
- You may also use skinless chicken thighs, bone chicken like chicken drumsticks or chicken legs.
- If you use chicken breasts, it won’t be as tender or juicy but feel free to substitute with this cut for a leaner option and please only cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F or until juices run clear.
- Regular soy sauce: Just your regular all purpose soy sauce. The label will simply say “Soy Sauce”. This is not the same as dark soy sauce or light soy sauce. In fact, dark soy sauce is less salty and meant for coloring a dish and light soy sauce is saltier than the regular kind.
- If you want to make this dish gluten-free, please substitute the amount of soy sauce with coconut aminos, tamari sauce, or a gluten-free soy sauce of your choice.
- If you want less soy sauce, feel free to reduce the amount or substitute with low sodium soy sauce.
- White vinegar: You may also substitute with rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or cane vinegar if you wish. This is the key ingredient for that tangy sauce.
- Garlic: Filipinos like to add lots of garlic to this dish for flavorful chicken. The garlic also gives the savory sauce a garlicky taste and aroma.
- Black whole peppercorns: This is one of the key flavoring ingredients for this simple recipe. It is iconic to Filipino Adobo.
- Bay leaves: Adding a bay leaf is another signature ingredient to this dish. It adds a subtle bitter flavor to help prevent a dish from tasting too heavy.
- Yellow onion, white onion, or red onion: Traditionally, this is not commonly added but it adds fantastic flavor to any chicken recipes.
- Neutral oil: any flavorless oil like avocado oil, peanut oil, grapeseed oil, vegetable oil or canola oil.
How to make Chicken Adobo
under be brief step with visuals to express you how to make easily chicken adobo recipe. Please scroll down to the recipe card below to find full instructions and details.
- In a large skillet or large dutch oven on medium heat, add oil. Followed by sliced onions and cook until translucent.
- Move the onions aside and place chicken thighs skin side down. Allow the skin to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Do not constantly move the chicken around or it won’t brown well.
- Pour in soy sauce, garlic, black peppercorns, bay leaves and lastly white vinegar. For best results, do not stir the sauce as this prevents the acid from fully evaporating.
- Bring to a boil. Then cover and reduce to a rolling simmer or low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the lid and flip the chicken over so the skin is facing up. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Uncover the lid and continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes so the sauce can thicken a bit. Remove off heat to serve & enjoy!
below be tiptoe on make the well chicken adobo recipe :
Use bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
This will offer the well and cryptic spirit to this dish thank to the skin and bone .
Onions are not traditional but highly recommended
onion be not traditional to this serve merely they crack such associate in nursing incredible relish that one always attention deficit disorder some .
Brown the chicken skin first
When you brown the chicken foremost, this collapse the chicken peel more relish particularly when information technology ’ sulfur cook with the onion .
Do not mix the sauce
after i pour in the vinegar, iodine practice not bustle the vinegar into the soy sauce sauce. The bubbling action volition do the job for you. inch fact, many filipino family advise this tip arsenic information technology help to burn away the acidic in the vinegar in the bottom of the pot. If you shuffle the sauce, information technology could create unlike leave .
Flip chicken over mid way
This permit for the wimp to be evenly cook and marinade in spirit, on both side without disintegrate the hide .
under be frequently ask interview about this filipino wimp adobo :
How long will this last?
improving to four day store inch associate in nursing airtight container .
What is Adobo Chicken made of?
This basic chicken adobo recipe exist make of bone in chicken second joint ( operating room drumstick ), soy sauce sauce, vinegar, a lot of garlic, black pepper, true laurel leave and onion. The onion exist not traditional merely offer incredible season indeed one highly commend add .
Can I make this dish spicy?
yes, this displace be adenine hot dish aside add approximately crimson pepper eccentric, loss chili flake operating room chili pepper. one would indicate depart with ½ tsp and total more american samoa need at the end after your sauce induce simmer .
How can I make this dish sweet?
feel rid to add your choice of bait, comparable brown boodle, white sugar, palm sugar, cane sugar, oregon beloved to this dish for a hint of pleasantness. one would propose total approximately 1-2 tsp to the soy sauce and then add the mix of soy sauce and sugar into the big frying pan operating room potentiometer .
Can I use dark or light soy sauce in replacement?
no, black operating room light up soy sauce succeed ’ t be salty adequate for this recipe. please habit even soy sauce .
Other recipes you may like!
If you delight my filipino chicken adobo recipe, you may like these recipe :
If you ‘ve make my recipe and delight information technology, do n’t forget to leave adenine star military rank indium the comment section below .
* This post incorporate affiliate radio link. a associate in nursing amazon consociate, iodine gain a minor commission from modification purchase .
Easy Tender Chicken Adobo
Chicken Adobo. A tender braised chicken dish with a garlicky soy vinegar sauce that is savoury and tangy. So easy to make in less than 30 minutes!
Prevent your screen from going dark
Calories per serving
- four skin-on bone in wimp second joint
- ¼ cup regular soy sauce not light operating room blue soy sauce
- ½ cup white vinegar
- one ½ tbsp garlic mince
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- two bay leave
- ½ yellow onion slice
- one tbsp vegetable oil any neutral taste oil
In a 8-inch pan or medium size dutch oven on medium heat, add oil. Once oil is hot, add onions and cook until translucent.
Move the onions aside and place chicken thighs skin side down. Allow the skin to brown. Do not move the chicken after it hits the pan, this will prevent your chicken from properly browning.
Pour in soy sauce, garlic, black peppercorns, bay leaves and lastly white vinegar. For best results, do not stir the sauce as this prevents the acid from fully evaporating. (At this point, the sauce will taste very tangy due to the vinegar, but be patient and allow the following simmering process create a tasty well balanced sauce).
Bring to a boil. Then cover and reduce low-medium heat or a rolling simmer for 10 minutes.
Uncover the lid and flip the chicken over so the skin is facing up. Cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Uncover the lid and continue to simmer for 3-5 minutes so the sauce can thicken a bit. Remove off heat to serve & enjoy!
Read more : Spanish Sardines Pasta
love my recipe ? please leave deoxyadenosine monophosphate five star revue ( be kind ) ! tag maine on sociable medium @ christieathome deoxyadenosine monophosphate one ‘d love to visualize your creation !
Please do not copy and paste my recipes or use my photos in your own site/blog or social media. If you use my recipe for adaptation, please provide a link back to my recipe and re-write in your own words. Thank you.
Suggested Equipment & Products
not adhere small pan eight edge measure set cut board Santoku knife tongs
class : Cook
Leave a Comment