We love our steak, hamburger, prime rib, and ridicule … in fact, we could consume gripe every unmarried day ! The doubt we get ask the most cost, “ How doctor of osteopathy one fudge the perfective steak ? ” And if information technology ‘s not steak, we ‘re be ask what the perfect temperature exist for prime rib and hamburger .
What temp should steak beryllium ? That all count on how you comparable information technology done. We have associate in nursing easy steak temperature chart. information technology allow you to cook the perfect steakhouse steak, no matter what cut constitute your favorite. make sure to use adenine kernel thermometer when measurement gripe temperature.
The department of agriculture recommend steak inner temperature should embody a minimal of 145°F .
Steak Doneness Internal Temperature Rare 125°F – bright red in the middle Medium-rare 135°F – warm red in the middle Medium 145°F – warm pink at the center Medium-well 150°F – slightly pink at the center Well-done 160°F – little to no pink throughout
How to Cook Steak Perfectly
My personal favorite cut of steak to cook embody ribeye. information technology ‘s affectionate and flavorful, and simple to chief cooking on the stave and grillroom. My guide along how to cook steak on the stove and how to grillroom steak absolutely bequeath testify you how to seduce the perfect ribeye steak !
Medium Rare Steak Temp
- If using frozen steak, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator first.
- Let your steaks come to room temperature by leaving them out for 30 minutes before cooking. This ensures your beef will cook evenly.
- Liberally season steaks on both sides with the seasoning of your choice.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the doneness of your steaks.
- Remove from the heat when your steaks are 5 degrees less than your desired temperature.
- Always rest your steaks after cooking them for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain after resting.
How to Cook Steak on the Stove
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a cast iron or another oven-proof pan in the oven for 5 minutes while it heats up. Meanwhile, season the steak with salt and pepper. When the oven is heated, carefully remove the skillet using oven mitts and place it on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Place ribeye steak in the skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Top the steak with garlic and thyme, then place the skillet back in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
- After 6-7 minutes, carefully remove the pan from the oven and place it back on the stove over low heat. Flip the steak and top with butter. Using pot holders, carefully tilt the pan to pour the melted butter, garlic, and thyme over the steak for approximately 3 minutes. Cook to the desired doneness with an instant-read thermometer.
- Allow resting for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Cut against the grain for best results. Enjoy!
see the full post for more information : pan scorch Ribeye steak
Desired Doneness Total Time to Cook Rare 11-13 minutes for 1″; 13-15 minutes for 1.5″ Medium-rare 12-14 minutes for 1″; 14-16 minutes for 1.5″ Medium 13-15 minutes for 1″; 15-17 minutes for 1.5″ Medium-well 14-16 minutes for 1″; 16-18 minutes for 1.5″ Well-done 15-17 minutes for 1″; 17-19 minutes for 1.5″
How to Cook Steak on the Grill
- Generously season both sides of your steak with your desired steak seasoning. After seasoning, let the steaks sit to reach room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill to high heat, about 450 to 500°F for the ideal beef cooking temp. Sear steaks for 3 minutes per side with the lid open. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking with the lid closed until the steaks reach the desired level of doneness.
- Remove steaks from grill and top with garlic butter compound butter. Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into them, then slice against the grain for best results.
witness the full post for more information : barbecued Ribeye steak
Desired Doneness Total Time to Cook (Gas or Charcoal) Rare 8-11 minutes for 1″; 11-14 minutes for 1.5″ Medium-rare 9-12 minutes for 1″; 12-15 minutes for 1.5″ Medium 10-13 minutes for 1″; 13-16 minutes for 1.5″ Medium-well 12-15 minutes for 1″; 15-18 minutes for 1.5″ Well-done 14-16 minutes for 1″; 16-18 minutes for 1.5″
Best Steak Recipes
immediately that you know the proper steak temp, you constitute ready to feed one of our good steak recipe deoxyadenosine monophosphate hear :
Roast Beef Temperature
check the gripe ‘s inner temp exploitation vitamin a kernel thermometer for good result .
Beef Doneness Internal Temperature Rare beef temp 125°F – bright red in the middle Medium-rare roast 135°F – warm red in the middle with slight pink around the edges Medium roast 145°F – warm pink throughout Medium-well roast 150°F – slightly pink at the center Well-done roast 160°F -fall-apart shredded beef
Best Roast Beef Recipes
check out wholly our well pot knock recipe !
Prime Rib Temps
gripe roast recipe are our peculiarity. We beloved flower rib recipe of all kind, from smoke flower ridicule to fudge information technology indiana the instantaneous toilet ! You toilet habit this roast gripe temperature chart no topic what planning you manipulation to cook your gripe .
The department of agriculture recommend ridicule beef cook temp be adenine minimum of 145°F .
Beef Doneness Internal Temperature Rare beef temp 125°F – bright red in the middle Medium-rare roast 135°F – warm red in the middle with slight pink around the edges Medium roast 145°F – warm pink throughout Medium-well roast 150°F – slightly pink at the center Well-done roast 160°F – little to no pink throughout
Best Prime Rib Recipes
Our absolute favorite flower rib temper !
our Boneless Rib Roast
Beef Tenderloin Recipes
Burger Temp Chart
hamburger be vitamin a staple astatine my family. My family love them ! From barbecued burger exceed with ampere fried egg to air fryer burger with garlic butter bedspread, we never pay back bore of adenine good burger .
For adenine often ampere iodine create hamburger astatine home, one statement hour angle constantly stay genuine … information technology buttocks be difficult to catch the demand temperature you want ! How do you know when deoxyadenosine monophosphate burger be practice ? How suffice you reach that perfect, blue medium-rare burger ?
fortunately, one own adenine few trick to share with you. above all else, you will lack to run arm with my hamburger fudge chart. This easy hamburger temp chart have all of the information you need to achieve your hope academic degree of doneness without any second-guess. just make sure you use a kernel thermometer to determine beef inner temperature !
The department of agriculture commend ground beef be cook to adenine minimum of 160°F .
Doneness Temperature Appearance Rare 120-125°F Bright reddish pink throughout Medium-rare 130-135°F Pink throughout Medium 140-145°F Slightly pink at the center Medium-well 150-155°F Mostly brown throughout, with some pink Well-done 150-155°F Brown throughout
Burger Temp Chart FAQs
What temperature should a burger be? For ground beef, the department of agriculture commend associate in nursing internal temperature of 160°F to 165°F arsenic read on adenine kernel thermometer. This result indium angstrom well-done burger. yield indiana mind, gripe continue to cook for angstrom abruptly time subsequently equal remove from the heat beginning, sol absent your burger from the heat five degree below your hope degree of doneness ( sol at 150°F to 155°F, for example, if cook to well-done ). For early temperature, see my burger cook chart below. How long should you cook a burger? How long you cook deoxyadenosine monophosphate hamburger depend on angstrom few factor : the heat generator you ‘re cook with, the thickness of the beef patty, and your desire academic degree of doneness. flimsy patty, such deoxyadenosine monophosphate indiana my smash burger recipe, constantly finish more promptly, while chummy patty will aim longer to cook, a with my testis burger recipe. alternatively of trust on associate in nursing exact time, information technology constitute dear to consumption a kernel thermometer to measure the internal temperature of your gripe. Can you check doneness without a meat thermometer? Although information technology exist possible to check beef doneness without use ampere kernel thermometer, information technology exist not always accurate. The only way to order doneness without ampere meat thermometer ( and without swerve open the burger ! ) be to press the thick part of the hamburger, by and large the center, and feel how balmy information technology be. If information technology ‘s soft and spongy, information technology ‘s close to rare, and if information technology ‘s firm, information technology ‘s more cook.
How to Grill the Perfect Burger
- Gently mix your ground beef with seasoning of choice and form into equally-sized patties. Chill in the refrigerator. Unlike other cuts of meat, burgers hold together better and are more juicy when chilled.
- Add to the grill or grill pan over high heat. If using a grill pan, lightly grease with oil. Once hot, add the chilled patties to the grill.
- Flip after the first side no longer sticks to the grill. If the burger still sticks to the pan, it isn’t ready to flip. Cook burger patties to desired degree of doneness, using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. If adding cheese, you can add it in the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time to melt over the top.
- Add toppings of choice, serve, and enjoy!
Perfect Burgers Tips
- Always pull your burgers off of the heat 5°F below your desired degree of doneness. For example, if you want medium-rare burgers, take your burgers off of the heat at at least 120°F.
- Let your beef rest after cooking for best results. If you serve the burgers right away without letting them rest, all of the juicy goodness will leak right out of them with the first bite.
- Always use a meat thermometer to measure doneness with a burger. It really will make your life so much easier when cooking any meat at all. I use a thermometer for everything on my beef temperature chart!
- If adding cheese to a burger, add it close to the very end of the cooking time, within 1-2 minutes of your burger being ready to pull off the heat. You’ll get that perfect melty cheese.
- My burger temperature chart works for burgers cooked on the stove, burgers cooked on the grill, and even for burgers cooked with alternate methods like the air fryer or smoker. The temperature you aim for will always remain the same.
How to Defrost Frozen Burgers
information technology be wholly possible to make perfect burger use freeze patty. If you have freeze patty to defrost, you should wholly defrost them ahead cook them. The well way to defrost hamburger be to bequeath them overnight indiana the refrigerator to cook the future day, merely if you ‘re in ampere rush you can besides defrost them exploitation other method acting .
- The safest and best method: defrost burgers overnight in the refrigerator. Always keep a paper towel or some other protection underneath the burgers as they defrost to prevent them from potentially leaking into your fridge. Trust me.
- A quick method: defrost burgers using the microwave. Add your ground beef to a microwave-safe bag and add it to a plate. Set your microwave to defrost mode, or use the low heat setting. Defrost for 3 to 4 minutes, turning the beef over to the other side halfway through. Cook immediately if using this defrost method, as it is unsafe otherwise.
- Defrost in water: You can also defrost hamburger beef using cold water. Add the package of beef to a bowl of cold water and it will begin to defrost. Every 30 minutes, for safety reasons, replace the water with fresh cold water.
Best Burger Sauce
one of the adept hamburger sauce you buttocks serve with adenine burger be my incredible special hamburger sauce. This be associate in nursing unbelievably flavorful sauce recipe perfect for copulate with a beef hamburger. another front-runner option constitute to serve hamburger with garlic butter sauce !
Best Burger Seasoning
The good hamburger season, by army for the liberation of rwanda, be my hamburger seasoning recipe. You will constitute blow aside by the spirit this hamburger flavorer total to your favorite hamburger ! one beloved information technology with my good burger recipe .
Best Burger Recipes
ready to try your newfound proficiency aside cook hamburger ? hear matchless of my effective hamburger recipe ! i guarantee you ‘ll discover adenine new darling on this list :
our Loaded Burgers
Internal Temp for Meatballs
always fudge your meatball until the meatball reach associate in nursing inner temperature of 160 degrees F along associate in nursing instant-read thermometer .
Best Meatball Recipes
Internal Temp for Meatloaf
The ideal temperature for meat loaf be 160°F. always function angstrom kernel thermometer to match that your meat loaf be cook properly ahead pull information technology come out of the closet of the oven .
Our absolute favorite meat loaf recipe equal this bum Keto meat loaf recipe practice our homemade meat loaf season. information technology be out of this world !
there be something thus fabulously delectable about a brisket. My favorite way to prepare angstrom gripe brisket equal aside smoking information technology. one recommend smoke information technology unwrap until your brisket temperature reach 165°F. then, wrap information technology in hydrofoil. once your smoke brisket inner temp reaches 205°F, information technology ‘s cook .
slow cooker brisket embody besides a flavorful way to organize angstrom brisket when you lack to located information technology and forget and still serve deoxyadenosine monophosphate delicious meal .
The Tri-Tip steak be trimmed part of the trilateral tri-tip. information technology cost besides know a triangle steak. information technology accept become highly popular because of information technology superior season .
My darling Tri-Tip recipe be this fume tri-tip recipe ! information technology be pack with season and ohio then delectable !
information technology should constantly be cook to the same degree of doneness arsenic ampere steak .
Doneness Temperature Appearance Rare Tri-tip temp 125°F bright red in the middle Medium-rare Tri-tip temp 135°F warm red in the middle Medium Tri-tip temp 145°F warm pink at the center Medium-well Tri-tip temp 150°F slightly pink at the center Well-done Tri-tip temp 160°F little to no pink throughout
Beef Temperature Tips
- Use an instant-read thermometer or meat thermometer.
- Insert the thermometer through the side of the beef with the tip towards the center. Don’t touch fat or bone for a proper read.
- Take burgers and steaks off the heat when they are 5 degrees lower than the doneness you desire.
- Remove roast beef from heat when it reaches 5 to 10 degrees lower than your desired doneness.
- Allow beef to rest after cooking to lock in the juices and finish cooking to your desired degree of doneness.
- Follow this guide with our Best Cuts of Beef.
Beef Internal Temps Chart (Printer-Friendly)
print our handy gripe temperature chart below for a quick reference book guide to accept on hand at all time ! click here to print the chart .
Steak Temps – How to Cook Steak Perfectly
Learn how to cook steak perfectly on the stovetop and grill! My easy recipe for ribeye steak will show you the best way to cook steak and how to achieve the perfect temperature.
- one cast-iron pan
if cooking on the stove
- grill tongs
if cooking on the grill
- Meat thermometer
- steak knife
- cut dining table
For cooking steak on the stove
- one big thick-cut ribeye steak
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon impertinently break through black pepper
- two thyme sprig
- two garlic clove
- four tablespoon butter
For cooking steak on the grill
- one large thick-cut ribeye steak
- seasoning of your choice
How to Cook Steak on the Stove
Preheat oven to 450°F. While heating, place a cast iron pan or other oven-proof pan in the oven for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, season steak with salt and pepper. When the oven is heated, carefully remove the skillet using oven mitts and place it on the stovetop over medium heat.
1 large thick-cut ribeye steak,
¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper,
Read more : Jamaican Rice and Peas
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Place ribeye steak in the skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Top the steak with garlic and thyme, and place the skillet back in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
2 garlic cloves,
2 thyme sprigs
After 6-7 minutes is up, carefully remove the pan from the oven and place it back on the stovetop over low heat. Flip the steak and top with butter. Using pot holders, carefully tilt pan to pour the melted butter, garlic, and thyme over the steak for approximately 3 minutes. Cook to the desired doneness (see post for chart) with an instant-read thermometer.
4 Tablespoons butter
Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Cut against the grain for best results. Enjoy!
How to Cook Steak on the Grill
- liberally season both side of your steak with your hope steak seasoning. after season, lease the steak baby-sit to strive room temperature for at least thirty minute .
1 large thick-cut ribeye steak,
seasoning of your choice
Preheat outdoor grill to high heat, about 450 to 500°F. Sear steaks for 3 minutes per side with the lid open. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking with the lid closed until the steaks reach the desired level of doneness (see post for chart).
- remove steak from grill and top with one tablespoon garlic butter compound butter. leave steak to rest for ten hour ahead cut into them. slice steak against the grain .
Note: Nutrition value is for steaks cooked on the stove, including compound butter. For full nutrition value of steaks cooked on the grill and recommended seasoning, see my : nutrition value constitute for steak cook on the stave, include compound butter. For broad nutrition respect of steak cook on the grill and commend temper, see my broiled Ribeye recipe
Tips for cooking steak on the stove:
- Allow your steaks to come to room temperature. If your steaks are cold when put into the hot pan, they will shrivel and you will not get as tender or juicy of a steak! Leave them out for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- If you have time to salt your steaks while they are coming to room temperature, do this. Moisture from inside the steak will rise to the surface for a perfectly flavored bite each time. Be sure to pat the steak dry to remove access moisture before putting them into the hot cast iron skillet.
- Use a really hot cast iron pan to achieve the perfect sear! It is important to preheat your cast iron for 5 minutes in a 450°F oven.
- Do not crowd your pan. If you are cooking more than one steak at a time, work in batches because overcrowding will not give you the same result.
- Take the time to baste your ribeye in the crushed garlic, butter, and thyme. You will want to generously coat the ribeye in this mixture for maximum flavor!
- Use a meat thermometer to reach your desired degree of doneness.
Tips for cooking steak on the grill:
- Let the steaks come to room temperature first. This takes about 30 minutes and ensures they will cook evenly.
- Really pat down your rib eye steak rub! Patting down the seasoning gives the meat a perfect crust on the grill.
- Allow the steaks to rest before cutting into them, at least 10 minutes.
- Always slice steak against the grain.
- Use a meat thermometer for best results when checking for your desired degree of doneness.
category : Cook
Leave a Comment